Chapter 32~ I'm okay

(Draco)

I handed Longbottom the files I had duplicated back at the manor. He gave me a look of bewilderment then thanked me silently. I watched as he slid through the papers one my one obviously taking mental notes of it all.

Finally as he finished scanning them he looked up to me with his face twisted curiously.

"Why are you choosing to help now Malfoy?" He asked.

"Because this is the side Hermione is on, and I promised Potter if he was to die I would take care of her." I said dull-fully.

"You've loved her since she punched you in the face huh?" He asked with a smile.

I felt my composer break for a moment, only to get it back. "Why do you say that?" I questioned a bit to quickly.

He gave me the knowing smile, "because that's when she fell in love with you."

"She dose not-" I began only for him to cut me off.

"You know those things that you can not tell your friends, but you need to tell someone." Longbottom said with a smile. "I'm her person she tells that will not tell her she's mental even if I think she is."

My eyes widened a bit as he looked to me with sincerity.

"You are-"

"Okay with it? No." He said shaking his head. "I do not like the thought of you two together at all but, I trust Hermione. No matter how crazy she can get to the rest of the world her mind is always sane."

"You sound like Lovegood." I laughed.

"Yeah I guess she's been rubbing off on me huh?" He said with a smile.

My hand moved to the paper Lovegood had for us. I felt like I wanted to tell him but, something told me no.

He seemed to noticed my shift in demeanor and gave me a questioning look, "you okay Malfoy."

"Oh, we found Lovegood outside when we first came to the castle. She alright though. Pansy and I pretended to kill her but really just stunned her."

I watched as he gave a sigh and place his head in his hand, "I told her to stay in the rooms."

I gave him a smile, he has someone just as stubborn to deal with. As we spoke of all that was happening suddenly a patronus flew through.

It's my dragon.

"Hermione!" I said loudly.

"Malfoy?"

"She's in danger I need to go now," I said panicked. Taking a moment I controlled myself and turned to him. "My crew was never here and we never helped. As soon as you can get rid of those files."

"Understood," he said quickly. "And Draco. She'll be okay." He said carefully.

"Right." I said just before pressing my dark mark signaling everyone to go back to the manor. Then I myself apperated out.

As I appeared home I ran up the stairways to my room. Laying on the floor was Hermione with red wounds all along her arms and legs.

"Mione." I said softly.

She turned to the sound of my voice and gave me a small smile. "I'm okay."
~~~~
Please leave a like/comment