Chapter 48 ~ Promotion

(Draco)

Oh shit.. If they know were Longbottom is this can be bad.

"How do we know this is a solid lead?" I asked.

"You question my judgment?" The Dark Lord growled.

"Never my lord, I simple question who it came from."

"We have a double crosser among the ranks in the rebellion." He said proudly.

"What?" Blaise asked a little to quickly.

"Yes, I figured that this would be the best way to deal with the traitors. Have one of their own turn them in."

"May I ask who my lord?" I said slowly.

"Dean Thomas." He smirked cruelly.

"The Gryffindor?" I questioned.

"Draco you know how to spot a weakness in someone right?"

"Yes my lord."

"How would you go about it?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "You threaten what they believe in."

"And if that doesn't work?"

"You threaten the ones they love."

"Exactly." He said throwing his head back with a chill laughter. "See he was so worried about some little boy. 'Don't hurt him! I will do anything!'." He yelled as we told him his love is in our care."

"You lied to trick him into helping us?" Blaise said with his eyes widening in amazement.

"Yes. It was rather annoying to hear him never shut up about the boy, Seamus was the name I think. He was so petrified as I spoke of the ways I plan on hurting him." He said snickering. "He even volunteered to take the place of the boy. Isn't that rich?"

"Very much my lord." Blaise said with a glint in his eyes.

"Draco," He said turning to me, "Do not be foolish and hope for love. All love can do is bring you down. It is weakness."

"Of course my lord. I would never think of acting upon such repulsive forms of communication." I said looking him directly.

"Wonderful." He said with a smile. "Now I have preparations to make for our departure but it will not before a few days, maybe a week or two."

"You want to wait a week for it?" Blaise asked calmly.

"Do you have input in this?" The dark lord gritted through teeth closed shut.

"Sir, forgive me but you must remember they may know we have him captured. They will make preparations to move if they have not already moved. Maybe we should go sooner or just cancel the mission all together." Blaise said calmly though the Dark lord looked ready to cut holes into him.

"That is rather true, I did not think of that." He said calmly then turned to me, "Draco do you believe you friend here would be good for the inner circle?"

"Yes sir, he often helps me create the plans for missions and will review them so they are full proof hence why I take them on many. He is hardworking and will never turn on our cause. If he was to, I would kill him myself." I said while bowing to the Dark lord at the end.

"Blaise, you are a member of the inner circle, your pay and work schedule will change drastically and match more to Draco's. I am sure this will be a benefit yes?"

"Yes my Lord. I am very thankful for your kindness."

"Good. Now be off. You have slaves to attend to. I will call you when the time comes."