Ch. 2

"Baby wake up." Devon placed small kisses all over my face.

"I don't wanna." I whined and rolled over, burying my face in a pillow.

"I made you breakfast."

I pressed my face into the pillow then with a sigh, got out of bed.

I yawned and stretched then yelped when Devon picked me up, throwing my over his shoulder.

He smacked my ass playfully then set me down on a barstool. I crossed my arms and pouted jokingly.

He slid a plate in front of me then sat down beside me.

"Chocolate chip pancakes?" I asked, excitement edging my voice.

"You know it, babe." He chuckled.

I smiled at him before taking a bite.

After a few more bites of the delicious food, my mom walked in while holding her head.

"You okay, mom?" I asked.

"Peachy." She mumbled and grabbed the Tylenol extra strength we brought with us.

"How much did you have to drink?" Devon asked, his eyes glinting with humor.

"Enough to get hungover. I'm going back to bed, behave." She warned while walking back into her and dad's room.

"Juniper, what do you want to do today?" Devon asked me.

"Whatever you want to do, I don't care." I shrugged.

"Baby, you know what I want to do." He said with a slight Kentucky drawl.

I had lived in Kentucky all my life, never moving once. Typically my parents were out of the house with business things that they have to attend to. It didn't bother me, I got more time alone and more time with Devon. He had opened my eyes to beautiful things when we first met. He showed me how happy the world could be, how happy I could be and soon enough, we started dating. We hit it off pretty well for a while until he started becoming overly protective. I didn't mind at first but it soon became annoying. After he became overprotective, he started to hit me. He had this standard that I didn't know of. If I messed up, he would beat me, trying to correct my wrongs. Then he would hold me in his arms, telling me that he loves me and it's all for the greater good. But it's okay, he loves me and that's all that matters.

"Why don't we go outside? The snow looks beautiful, I know you've been dying to take pictures." Devon taunted, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh, yeah, okay." I nodded, a small smile lifting the corners of my lips.

After we finish eating, Devon grabs my hand and pulls me upstairs.

When we got up the stairs he pulled my into the bathroom and pushed me against the door before locking it. His lips pressed lightly against mine before he pulled away. What a tease.

"Take your clothes off." He ordered while turning on the water to the shower.

I slowly stripped off my shirt then sexily tugged down my pants. Devon was watching me from the corner of his eye as he checked the water temperature.