Chapter 33

Sage's POV
When I woke, the fire had died and only embers smoldered a warm orange glare. Juniper was sleeping soundly on the other couch, his clothes had been removed and he looked like he had light red marks around his wrists and neck. Nikolai was sitting in a rocking chair, his glasses on and a book opened halfway in his lap.

I leaned up and rested my head on the back of the couch, letting out a strangled yawn.

"Nikolai." His name came out raspier than I was trying.

His eyes glanced up at me and his cheeks flushed red.

"Nikolai," I started, "is there something you need to tell me?"

He cocked a brow at me.

"No." It was short and to the point but somehow irked me. I knew something had gone on while I was asleep.

I scowled at him. He closed his book and removed his glasses, placing both items on the table beside him. Niko stood up and took several long steps toward me until he was standing over me.

Normally there is no power struggle between us. But tonight, Niko seemed to have something in mind.

"Niko-"before I could even utter his whole name, he put two fingers into my mouth. I jerked my head back then grabbed his wrist.

"Sage," his voice was low and raspy "you're going to submit to me tonight."

The corners of my lips curled up. He really thought.

I stood up but his hand on my shoulder pushed me back down.

"You really think you're going to be able to get me to submit to you. Nikolai, I've always loved your humor." I placed my hand on his hip, looping my thumb into his belt loop.

He stroked my hair then then ran his thumb over my lower lip. I rolled my eyes and jerked his hips forward by his belt loop.

"Sage." He grunted my name and tangled his hands into my hair.

I looked up at him and kissed his belly, smiling at his flushed cheeks.

"Sage, I want you on your knees." It was cute. He's trying.

"And I, Nikolai, want you on yours." I shoved him backwards by his hips and stood up. Within seconds my hand was wrapped around his throat.

He gasped, breaking the calm composure he started with. His eyes widened for a second before he recomposed himself. Niko pushed me back and looked me up and down. His breath hitched and he ran his thumb over his lip before starting toward me again.

Maybe I should entertain his idea. Or maybe I should remind him who is in charge. 

The minute he stood in front of me, I knew I had to choose. Did I want to submit? 

Author's Note:

I know I haven't updated in a while. These two chapters will be slightly filler but they compliment each other and will be posted at the same time. I am trying to figure the best way to progress the story to the point where I am trying to get to or where I feel comfortable calling it complete.