Ch. 3

"Do you boys have all your stuff packed?" Mom asked when she came out of her room with her suitcase.

"Yeah." I mumbled and took my bag out to Devon's car. My mom glanced at me, a worried vibe rushed off of her but I disregarded it.

Devon wrapped his arm around my waist causing me to flinch away from his touch. I don't want him to touch me, not right now. I don't want anyone to touch me. I felt dirty, like my body had been used, which it had.

My whole demeanor changed after last night. It wasn't the first time he's forced me to do things but it was because he loved me. And I couldn't let him go, not after what he did for me. In my eyes, all was fair, I deserved everything that I got.

I pulled away from Devon and went back inside to make sure I had everything.

Mom's hand tugged on my arm gently and I flinched before yelping.

"Juniper, are you alright?" She asked, her eyes continued worry.

"I'm fine. Why are you asking?" I lied.

"You're not acting like yourself. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah, Ma, I'm fine." I mumbled before abruptly ending the conversation by walking out to the car.

I get in the passenger seat of Devon's car and buckle up before pulling my knees to my chest.

"Babe, don't put your feet on my seats." Devon's voice snapped in my head and I instantly straightened out. A stray tear slid down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

After a few minutes, Devon got in the car and my parents' car drove out of the drive way.

"Ready for the eighteen hour drive?" Devon asked.

I groaned and dropped my head back onto the seat. Devon chuckled then backed out of the drive way.

He began driving and I turned the radio up almost all the way. I stared out the window, watching the trees fly by.

Devon picked my hand up and held it gently in his. My heart began to race as my breathing increased. If I didn't stop, I would've hyperventilated.

"June, are you okay?" He asked, a completely different person. The sound of his sickly sweet voice makes my stomach churn.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I murmured, half to myself. If I keep telling myself I'm fine, I'll be fine.

Devon continued driving until about three in the afternoon when we stopped to have a quick lunch.

"We just have to grab something and go, I'm ready to be home."

"Okay..." I say, almost to the point where he can't hear me.

I picked out a bit of food and purchased a water bottle before getting back in the car.

Devon exited the little gas station with a hot dog, two bags of candy, and a large soda. He's such a fat fuck but he knows how to keep his body trimmed.

"How come you got so little to eat?" He asked me once he got into his car.

I shrugged.

"I'm not that hungry."

"Well, if you get hungry, I have plenty to share." He beamed.

"Thanks."

Devon started driving again and soon, I was asleep, surely snoring as loud as humanly possible.

"June, wake up. We're at your house." Devon shook my arm. I groaned and groggily opened one eye.

"Hmm? Oh, ok. Thanks for driving me." I blushed and unclipped my seatbelt before opening the door.

"Gimme a kiss before you go." Devon called behind me.

I quickly turned and pecked his lips before getting out and collecting my things from the trunk.

"I'll call you later when I get home, okay?"

I nodded and started walking inside. Once I had gotten inside and locked the door, I heard Devon drive off.

I push off the front door, which I hadn't known I was sagging on, and go to my room, not bothering saying hi to my parents.

I drop my bags at the foot of my bed and fall face first into my pillows.

"June, do you want to come watch a movie with us?" My mom asked after knocking on my door.

"I think I'm just going to go to sleep. Maybe another time."

"Okay sweetie, just remember you have school tomorrow. And some of the other moms told me a few new families moved into the community while we were out of town."

I smiled softly at her.

"That's cool mom." I guess she took that as her cue to leave so she did.

I sigh then drop my head back down on the pillow and close my eyes.

With a groan, I realize I should probably take a shower.

I get out of bed and go into my bathroom. I turn on the water and pulled off all my clothes.

Once the water turns scalding, I entered the shower and relaxed under the burning spray.

I tip my head back into the water then grab my shampoo. I wash my hair then rinse out the soap.

I quickly soap up my body and lather it into my skin. After rinsing all the soap off, I get out and wrapped a towel around my waist.

Walking into my closet, I picked out black briefs and a pair of plaid pajama pants, not bothering with a shirt.

Laying down again, I pulled the blankets up to my shoulders and close my eyes once again.

Music played from my iPhone that was currently plugged in and set for an early time tomorrow morning. My eyes closed and I silently fell asleep.