Ch.17

"Juniper! It's time for school!" A disembodied voice yelled from an untraceable location.

"I don't want to go to school." I yelled back.

"Too bad!" The voice called.

With a grunt and a heave, I was off the bed.

My feet traced its memorized steps that were repeated each morning. The constant hum of electricity buzzing in my ears annoyed me, my eyes switching left and right to search for something to glare at. Maybe today will be a good day.

The phone on the bathroom counter tinged with five different texts from five different people.

Maybe today will not be a good day.

A sigh of angst washed through my body as I realized I'd have to see 4 out of 5 of those texters today at school.

Maybe I can skip...

"Honey hurry up and get ready for school!" The voice yelled again.

Damn.

Hurriedly, I finished my daily routine and trotted down the stairs.

"I'm ready, I'm ready! Relax!" I sighed.

"Hush boy! Don't tell your mother to relax!" Said the woman I call my mother as she hit me on the back of the head with a rolled up newspaper.

"Oi! Mom that hurt!" I rubbed the back of my head and pouted.

"Should've thought of that before you told me to relax. Now get your ass out of this house." She shoved me out and slammed the door on my face before locking it.

With a curious glance and a shrug, I stepped off the porch and began my way to school.

Nothing extravagant happened on my way to school. Other then several passing cars and a water bottle thrown at my head, nada.

The minute I stepped through the doors of the school, I caught a glimpse of Chandler. Without a second thought I darted to the closest door I could hide behind.

Swiftly, I enclosed myself in the strange room.

Smacking lips echoed around me.

Out of the corner of my eye I spotted a female and male character kissing.

"Ew ew ew! Heterosexuals! Gross!" I stumbled until I was planted against the door, my eyes sealed shut.

The kissing stopped and I uncovered my eyes.

"What the fuck?" Chloe yelped, scrambling to push me out of the way and shove the guy she was making out with out of the door.

"Oh Chloe! What the actual fuck was going on?" I gasped, shocked.

"Dude we were kissing, what did it look like?" She snapped.

I shook my head and muttered a quiet never-mind.

"Hmm okay, why are you in here? No one ever run in here like that except for that Asian girl every now and then" Chloe sent me a skeptical look.

"No reason, I just decided this was a good place to uh... to read?" I scratched the back of my neck.

"Mhmm." Her hand rested on her hip and she had one eyebrow raised.

"Alright alright, you might want to sit down for this."

"I got you fam!" Chloe smiles after I finished explaining.

"W-what are you going to do?"

"Watch and learn." She winked.

Chloe opens the door and storms out, my in her tracks.

Waiting for us outside of said door were two men I did not want to see.

"Sage, Niko." I nodded towards them.

Chloe examined the three of us.

With a frustrated sigh, she turns.

"We do not have time for you," she waved her hands in the air," we must deal with a different situation."

"Juniper, go to your locker." She demanded.

I skittishly walked to my locker before turning and watching her.

She approached Chandler, her body moved fluently and flirtatiously.

"Hey!" She rested her hand on his arm," I heard that you like Juniper.... Is it true?"

Chandler backed away from her touch.

"Who the fuck told you? Was it one of those model looking mother fuckers?" He growled.

"Word travels fast around here." Chloe shrugged before walking away.

Once she was out of his line of sight, she sidled up next to me and gushed.

"He so likes you!" She grinned.

"Yeah that's the problem!" I exclaimed, waving my hands in the air just as the bell rings.

I walk into my class and sit down, frustration fuming out of me.

Sage sat next to me, glancing at me tiredly.

"You okay?"

"Obviously I'm fine." I snapped before ignoring any other comments he tried to make.

My classes flew by, me ignoring everyone and staying caged in my thoughts. Once the final bell rang a sigh of relief washed through me.

As I was walking back home, the hair on the back of my neck prickled. The feeling of someone watching me clouded my thoughts and my pace became brisk.

What the hell is happening?

Basic idea of the rooftop garden layout up at the top^^

A/N: anyways... still stuck on chapter 18 which I have been for a while. If any of you have ideas, I would greatly appreciate them.

Oh! And how do you like Chloe? Just curious...