Ch.24

Chloe's POV

My phone buzzed in my back pocket, making me jump at the sudden noise.

"Who is it?" I asked into the phone the second I picked up.

"Chloe I have to tell you about this date! It was so perfect. The guys looked so hot and we all skinny dipped I swear it was straight out of a dream!" Juniper's excited voice broke the silence in my room.

"Yes! Tell me the details!" I put the phone on speaker phone and set it down on my bed.

I waited patiently for Juniper to start talking again.

"So they picked me up, right? And took me to Sage's grandmother's property where we raced horses..." he recalled what happened while I nod along, adding in my two cents every now and then.

While listening to Juniper go on and on about his date, something caught my attention.

A noise.

My eyes scanned the scene, searching for the source.

I heard it again. Making me jump up.

I could hear the sound of my heart thudding in my chest.

"Hey, June, I gotta go. I'll call you back later." I interrupted his ongoing recollection of the date.

Taking a shaky breath I hung up then braced my hands on the edge of the window sill.

From the corner of my eye I see a flash of light. No, not light. Light colored hair.

Without thinking I run straight to my door, flying out of it and racing to the front door. I locked it, looking out the peep hole.

Nothing.

Darkness.

Then another flash.

I jolt back and scamper up the steps to my mother's room.

"Mom!" I knocked rapidly on her door.

"Yes Chloe?" She replied calmly.

"Let me in!" I opened her door.

She opened the door and I fell in, my body moving with the swift airflow.

"What's wrong?" She looked condescendingly down at me.

"There's someone outside the house." I breathed.

She rolled her eyes and I cocked my head to the side sassily.

"You don't believe me." I sighed.

She eyed me.

I stood up and walked out, closing the door and flicking it off as I walked away.

Turning around to the closed door, I raise my favorite finger to the door. Then turn in my heels to walk away. (Yes, turning on both heels can be kind of difficult. I'm lucky I didn't fall)

Rather than going anywhere significant, I move into my room. Without a second thought, I pull out my phone and call my best friend from my previous school.

"Hey, this is Billy Bob, who are you?" They picked up on the second ring.

"Bob! You know who it is. It's me, Chloe!" I sighed, exasperated.

"I know," he chucked," I just haven't heard from you in a while."

I huffed in annoyance.

"Bob I swear there's something outside my house. There's someone there. I saw it."

"You'll be fine. I'm sure they won't do anything. Do you have any weapon near you?"

"Yeah, I've got my glock on my bedside counter."

"Good. Anyways, I've got news!" His voice rose excitedly.

"Share!"

"I'm moving!"

"To where?"

"Near you. My parents are looking for houses in that location. They think they found one and we'll be moving in like two weeks."

"Omg no way!" I squealed in excitement.

"Yeah I'll be transferring schools too, I'm really excited." He mumbled.

"I'm excited too!" My lips turned up into a grin. I can't wait!

"Alright, you sure you're okay, I gotta go and finish this homework." Bob chuckled into the phone.

"Yeah I'll be okay, it was nice talking to you. Bye!" I hung up and threw my phone onto my bed with excitement.

My phone began to ring and the second it did, I dove towards it.

I picked it up and answered immediately, forgetting to check the caller.

"Hi!" The person's voice coursed through the speaker.

"Hey June! I have fucking great news!"