Ch.9

Not even an hour later, my alarm went off, waking me from the awful sleep that I didn't get.

I grunted and rolled to my alarm, smacking it to shut the stupid thing up.

"Damn you." I muttered at the devilish device.

With a groan, I slowly get out of bed and go to my bathroom to get ready.

My phone buzzed with constant texts, receiving one after the other.

"Who the hell is texting me this fucking early?"

I picked up the device and scrolled through the messages. All from Chandler.

Rather than replying, I called him.

"What the actual fuck, Chandler." I growled.

He laughed.

"June, babe, I just wanted to let you know how lucky you were that those two gods are in your class. Oh, and Matthew and I broke up." Chandler spoke quickly and loudly.

"Wait, what? What happened? Are you okay?"

"I mean yeah... and no... and yes? I really liked him but I don't think that we were meant to be y'know..." Chandler explained.

"Do you want to skip school and hang out all day? I have ice cream."

"That would be great, but no soppy feeling shit."

"I'm good with that. Just two teenage boys watching Netflix and eating ice cream."

"Yep, see you in," sound shuffled on the other line," holy shit it's early. I'll see you in an hour or so."

The call ended soon after that and I sent my mom a text notifying her that I wasn't going to school today.

She didn't text back right away so I set my phone aside and got back in bed to get more sleep. Chandler has a key so he can just come in and wake me up when he gets here.

Soon enough, my demonic best friend explosively entered my house. My parent had left about twenty minutes ago according to the text I got from Mother.

"Chandler shut the hell up I'm trying to sleep!" I yelled.

His footsteps stomped against the stairs leading to my room before he jumped onto my bed. I yelped in surprise and turned to face him. Chandler was straddling me with a unreadable smirk on his face.

"Get the hell off me, you twat!" I shoved him off then rolled over, covering most of my body with my comforter.

"No! You invited me so entertain me!"

Sometime I question why I'm friends with this idiot.

"I know but I'm tired... "

"Get your ass up or else I will call Nicholai and Sage and they will make your ass get up!" He threatened.

"I don't care about them." I turned away from him.

"You won't mind if I call them..." I heard him pull his phone out of his pocket and I quickly turned over, "Ha! You do care! June has a crush! June has a crush!"

"You're such a child and I do not have a crush! Now get your ass downstairs and pick a movie before I kick you out."

"I should invite them over just for the hell of it but I think it'd be funnier to watch once they realize you're not at school and ask me for your address." Chandler snickered.

"How do you have their phone numbers but not me? I want to be friends with them too!"

"Your loss." Chandler shrugged before hopping off the bed and jogging downstairs.