Chapter 26

JUNIPER'S POV

It was Monday and the school was bustling. Word had gotten around that a new guy was coming. The hurrying footsteps and hushed whispers only caused my head to pound more with the intense ache I'd woken up with.

The minute I walked through the door, Chloe walked out of the office, she had her hand on the arm of the guy that I assumed she was showing around. Her eyes scanned the halls along with his until she reached me and gasped, pulling the new student towards me. He stumbled over his feet but held a light in his eyes as he looked at her.

 "Juniper! This is Bob, he is my best friend from out of town and he just moved here," She grinned from ear to ear before lowering her voice and whispering," I think we're going to start dating soon." 

I winked at her then shook Bob's hand, welcoming him politely.

The first bell rang and quickly everyone made their way to each classroom as the day began. Many students looked around as if to search for something extravagant. News had gone around that a new student was enrolled and today was their first day. Although Bob was fairly average looking, he had his perks. His long soft lashes hid his dark brown eyes from curious onlookers as he quietly was dragged down the hall.

Today was slow, time melted like butter on a skillet with low heat and everyone's movements seemed miscalculated. Every three seconds there was another kid face planting onto the floor. Or maybe the same kid. 

My dazed vision reached familiar faces as I passed through the halls to reach my class. Just as I sat down the bell rang and I sighed. I rolled my head on the desk and closed my eyes, trying to imagine a way to escape this place. 

A/N: Guys, I'm so sorry. I'm doing dual enrollment my senior year of high school (AKA I'll be taking full college classes - so I'll basically be in college) and I just haven't given second thought to my works in progress for a very, very long time. I remember the plan for this plot and can't wait to see it come to life even if very slow progression is made... I have already started on the next chapter which will hopefully be coming out soon. Thanks for being patient (if you haven't forgotten the plot) or if you have and reread, I'll try to boost back this writing again and stick to it...