Chapter 25

JUNIPER'S POV

"Hey June! I have some fucking great news!" Chloe's voice echoed through the device in my hand. I had placed it on speaker phone so I could comfortably pace without holding my phone but still being able to chat with her.

"Spill." I demanded, listening eagerly as she belt out her guts.

"Okay so my best friend from the previous place that I lived, I had a crush on him too... anyways, he's moving here! His parents are packing up their stuff and moving to a house near me!" She laughed. She was obviously giddy about this boy and I was happy for her.

"Is he cute? If he's cute you can date him." I chuckled.

"Oh my god he's hella cute!" She gushed.

"Also!" I added," guess who went on a date!"

"Who?" She gasped, completely playing along.

"Me! With Niko and Sage! It was so freaking amazing! There were horses and a river and naked bodies and kissing." I sighed, reliving the beautiful memory.

"That's so cute!" I could hear the smile in her voice.

After she finished explaining all of this and I finished giving her the details of the date, she hung up the phone. By then it was approximately 2 am and I was thoroughly surprised that I was still up.

The minute I placed my phone down next to me, Chandler stepped out of the bathroom.

"Who were you on the phone with?" He questioned, looking from me to the phone and back again.

"It was Chloe," I shrugged and continued to turn up the volume on the television.

Chandler sat in a reclining chair across from me.

He stared intently at me until I looked at him.

"Yes?"

"We're still best friends, right?" He asks me.

I furrow my brows.

"Yeah, we are." Was my casual answer.

"Good. I just want to make sure you remember." His voice held something in it, giving him a new aura but it quickly disappeared as he began chatting about the show.

A/N: Sorry for the extremely short chapter and the extra long wait! I just haven't been motivated. Sorry 😬 but I figured "new year, new update!" So here. I'll be working on the next very soon...