Chapter 29

Juniper's POV

I was still bewildered by the time I got up to my room. My head was spinning with questions. 

I needed to tell someone.

Without a second thought, I pulled out my phone and called Sage.

"Hey June." Sage's voice sounded groggy, as if he had already laid in bed.

"Hey what's up?" I tried to seem normal and not completely flip on him.

"I was just watching a movie. How come you called?"

That's when I began to just explode.

"I was dropped off at Chloe's and then Chandler was waiting at my house which like, no big deal but then he got really close to me and started freaking me out then... then he..."

"He what, June?"

"He kissed me. And he wouldn't get off even though I tried and I didn't want it but he was all over me then he just walked away and-" I was running out of breath.

"Hey, sweetheart, just calm down okay? I'll see you tomorrow and Niko and I can take your mind off of it." Sage's soothing voice aided me in calming myself.

"O-okay. I just wanted to let you know..."

"Thank you Juniper. Now goodnight." He seemed exhausted and I didn't want to admit that I didn't want to hang up.

"Goodnight." I muttered back before hearing the tone, notifying that the call had ended.

After he hung up, I got ready for bed. While brushing my teeth I watched myself in the mirror. I had taken my shirt off and was examining my body. I still had remnants of bruises scattered along my body.

Frowning, I rinsed my mouth then spit the water out. I walked into my room and sat on my bed, not yet tired or willing to close my eyes. 

I began pacing my room. My head was spinning and I soon became dizzy with thought so I sat back down and turned on Netflix. I turned on a movie and turned off the lights before laying in bed with my blankets wrapped around me like a cocoon. With the words and music of the movie running, my eyes began to droop and within minutes I was drifting away into a restless sleep.