Chalter 39

Juniper's POV

Immediately, I called up Niko. He was with Sage so they listened intently as I informed them on the situation at hand. Both became furious at the mention of Devon.

"Juniper, Devon has hurt you and I understand that he may seem genuine but it could be a way for him to manipulate you again..." Niko spoke first after I had spewed the entirety of the story. 

I ran a hand through my hair and let my shoulders sag as I let out a sigh.

"I understand, but -" I was interrupted by a rapid knocking on the front door. 

Cautiously, I walked to the door and peeked through the peep-hole to see who was on the other side.

Sage stood there, arms crossed and an unimpressed look on his face.

I unlocked and opened the door, motioning for him to enter.

He relaxed his arms and stepped inside. 

"I can't have little boys showing up at your house while you're alone" was the only thing he said before clicking the TV on and floating onto the couch.

I sat next to him, resting my head back onto the edge of the couch. Nothing was said for a while as we watched basketball. 

Sage glanced my way then shifted so he played his head on my lap. I lifted my hands in surprise then slowly played with his hair while we continued to zone in on the TV. His breathing evened out and I knew he had fallen asleep. There was no way for me toe space from beneath him so I pulled out my phone and scrolled through TikTok. After what felt like minutes but was really an hour, Sage shook awake and sat up. He rubbed both his hands over his eyes then pushed a couple locks of hair out of his face.

"Let me take you to dinner," his voice was gravely due to his nap.

"If you insist," I rolled my eyes but smiled softly at him.

He shook his head but I could see a small smile form. Sage stood and stretched then reached out to pull me off the couch. 

We were already dressed so we decided to head out the door. As I was locking the door behind us, Sage tapped on my shoulder. 

"I believe someone is here to see you," His eyes flicked over to the car idling at the end of the driveway. 

"Chandler..." I spoke his name under my breath, not loud enough to be heard.

"Do you want me to deal with this until we know for sure?" He asked me.

"You don't need to solve all my problems," I placed my hand on his chest and took a step toward the car. Sage got into his car as I stalked toward Chandler. 

The window rolled down as I got closer.

"Get in," Chandler waved his wrist as he invited me.

"Chandler, I'm about to go get dinner with Sage." I informed him.

"Oh, you spend so much time with him and that other guy! You can't make any time for your best friend?" Chandler sighed, his face formed into an angry scowl.

I glanced back at Sage who had already started his car.

"Fine-" I agreed to go along with Chandler who squealed excitedly and flung his hands into the air. He unlocked the car and I opened the door and got in.

I pulled out my phone to cancel with Sage, who was watching me.

Sage: You sure you want to do that? Do I need to follow you?

Juniper: i'm sorry to cancel on you. i'll be fine 

Chandler pulled off and I watched Sage pull out of the driveway and go the opposite direction.

"We need to talk..." I looked at Chandler while I spoke.

His head turned toward me slightly so I knew he was listening.

"I overheard you and Devon arguing at the school and-" Chandler sighed heavily then turned up the pop music he was playing.

"I don't want to talk about this right now, can't we just enjoy some friend time?" He glared at me for a second before his eyes went back to the road.

My fingers fiddled in my lap as I zoned out. I reached into my back pocket and pulled out my phone, only for it to be dead.

"Do you have a charger in the car?" I asked Chandler who was silent and staring straight forward.

"No, only for android" he shook his head.

I frowned then put my phone in the cup holder.

Nothing was said as we continued to drive.

"Where- where are we going..?" I asked softly, turning down the music.

"Just an old house my family has, I thought it would be good for us to escape the town for a day" He smiled brightly.

"Chandler, you can't just pick me up and take me out of town without telling me" I shot.

He just huffed and continued driving forward.

"You need to take me back, I don't even have any clothes!" 

"Just shut up, Juniper" He yelled, speeding up a little.

I bit my lip, staying quiet as my heart rate increasing rose.

844 Words.

A/N: Another update <3