Chapter 32

Juniper's POV

"I'll stay. But! I need to use your laptop to wrap up some math homework and do a discussion." I pointed at Niko as I finished up the last part.

"Of course you can use my laptop, let me grab it for you." Niko strode out of the room.

Sage turned toward me and raised his eyebrow.

"Let's move into the living room." Sage eyed me then stood and helped me up. We both got dressed and walked hand-in-hand to the living room. Niko came in soon after, fully clothed with a brand new MacBook in hand.

"Here June," He handed it to me after putting in the password.

I began to log into my school work, pulling up the discussion first. The prompt asked for a specific thesis and explanation of my plan for my next essay. I didn't even know we had a paper coming up so this assignment took me thirty minutes. Along with writing my own discussion, I had to reply to two others which was just ultimately a pain in my ass. After I wrote my discussion then replied to two other students, I pull up my math homework. I had two more assignments that had twenty questions each.

Unknowingly, a groan escaped me. I rolled my head back and massaged my temples.

The teacher had not gone over this stuff! This is ridiculously hard.

"Who the hell knows integrals and why are they important? Oh, wait! They're not!" I seethed, looking up from the laptop to see both Sage and Niko staring at me. They had removed themselves from the couch and were currently wrestling on the floor. Niko had Sage in a headlock but the pause turned the tables on Niko as Sage flipped him over. I simply chuckled and went back to trying to figure out these problems.

I skimmed over about fifteen that I knew off the bat but went through the steps on the rest I didn't quite understand.

"Hey Juniper, why don't you take a break and help me start up a fire?" Sage asked, pressing the top of the laptop down and moving it off my lap.

I shrugged and got up, following him to the firewood that was kept behind the house. My eyes scanned past the luxurious and over-the-top decor around the house. I scoffed at the thought of even living like this.

Sage handed me some logs to carry in then grabbed some himself. We made our way back to the living room where Niko had opened the fireplace and cleaned the old ash out.

I placed the logs beside the fireplace and Niko begins stacking them.

"Okay, let me finish these 25 problems..." I grabbed the laptop and reopened it as Niko finished stacking the logs. By the time I got to question 5, the fire had started and was blazing brightly. The crackling soothed my anxiety from the homework.

I refocused on my homework, spending a solid 45 minutes on it before settling for 80%. I closed the laptop and placed it on the end table. Glancing around, I quickly notice that Sage had dozed off on the other side of the couch. Niko was scrolling through his phone, typing furiously with a scowl plastered on his face. Who is he texting at 11:45 at night?

Niko looked up and smiled at me before going back to his phone which buzzed with a notification. I stood and then resat by the fire, warming my fingers by the mesmerizing flames. I soon became lost in the enchanting red and orange hues, zoning out completely.

Icy fingers slid under the hem of my shirt and ran up my back, finally stopping on the back of my neck. My whole body shivered.

"Now it's my turn with you... if that's alright with you, Juniper." Nikolai's hot breath tickled my ear. His tongue teased the outside shell of my ear and the hair on the back of my neck, right under his hand, stood.