Ch. 1

"You have exactly one week to complete an outfit for the show. Don't disappoint me kids!" Mrs. Stanly yells over the final bell as we all try to rush out of the messy classroom.

My friend Jess and I grab our stuff to get ready to leave along with the others.

"Can I get a ride today?" I ask even though I already know that she'll say yes.

"Yes Karina. Why do you keep asking if you know I'm not going to say no?" She looks at me like I'm an idiot and I make the same face at her, flipping her off in the process.

This is how our friendship works, we make weird faces and always respond to each other in a bitchy way afterwards. 12 years of friendship will do that to you.

"There goes Sonic." I point out a kid named Steven who always runs all through the hall ways for no reason.

"Sonic Steven haha." We laugh and make our ways down the stairs toward the front entrance of the school.

As we approach the corner I see a familiar black convertible that belongs to her brother but, he's out of the country. Her paid driver is in the drivers seat when we walk up to the car, on a rare occasion her father picks us up instead. I love it when he picks us up, he's daddy af. Too bad he's my best friends dad. It'd be awkward if she knew I liked her dad.

We get in and I greet him, as per usual as he starts to drive us home.

I live just one street up from where Jess lives, but the housing situation is so much more different. Although it's great because I don't feel bad getting a ride.

"Hey do you want to have a movie night? I have a shit ton of chips at my house." She turns around to wait for my answer. I smile.

"You had me at chips." I lean back with my arms behind my head. She shakes her head and whispers 'fat ass' under her breath. I laugh it off knowing it's true.

"Let me call my mom." I start dialing my over protective mother who would kill me if I didn't show up when I'm supposed to. Sometimes I feel like all Hispanic mothers are like this, but then my mom goes bat shit crazy over something small and I know I'm the only one.

"Ma, puedo ir a la casa de Jess?" I ask my mom quickly, knowing that if she's busy she'll say yes to anything. She takes a breif pause and I hear some noise before she answers.

"No vengas tarde." She agrees, I smile.

"Okay bye" I quickly hang up before she changes her mind.

"What she say?" Jess asks but I just keep smiling excitedly.

"So are you going to our house?" Her driver speaks to me for once and I nod.

I'm excited that I have plans now but I'm honestly just looking forward to seeing her dad. He's so funny and hot. I feel guilty for thinking it but she already knows I like older men. She just doesn't know I like her dad.

Oops.

The car pulls to a stop once we reach the top of the drive way, parking next to many expensive looking cars.

"Tell me again why you go to public school?" I ask looking around in awe once more. I've been here a thousand times but it still gets me every time. I literately live up the alley way and my apartment looks like a shoe compared to her house.

"Shut up hoe, my dad wanted me to earn my grades and not pay for them. Plus, were not even that rich." She rolls her eyes as she opens up her front door. Her alarm system announcing that the front door had opened.