Ch. 30

The ride back to the airport wasn't as bad as the first time. Despite it being around 5 in the morning, Sam decided to be a chatty Cathy about his night, nobody objecting to his stories. Justin had asked how the night went, probably wanting details on his daughter but Sam went off about how great his night was, Jess and I could only smile and admire his happiness from the back seat as he ran his mouth to Justin. He doesn't talk a lot so it's nice to hear him talk about his night.

"And when Kevin heart asked for a piggy back ride, I couldn't say no! He's so small! That was awesome Sir." He tries recollecting his excitement, Justin only smiles and asks more questions.

"Oh I love that guy, i'm actually having a meeting with him soon, would you like to be there with me when it happens?" He asks, Sam nods enthusiastically and I smile a little, I love when Justin makes other people's day.

"What about you Jessica? Did you take good care of Sam while he gave away piggy back rides?" He chuckles a little, looking back at us and waiting for her response. "Of course father, who do you think got the first ride? I just moved onto bigger backs. Dwayne Johnson is waaay taller than Sam! And they don't call him 'The Rock' for nothin'. That man is a boulder." Jess says, Sam is quick to defend himself.

"First of all, he's only an inch taller than me. Second of all, he only looks bigger than me because of his bald head, my hair doesn't get the recognition it deserves." Sam points out matter-of-factly, slightly flipping his locks back into position.

"Okay I agree Samantha, your hair is way better than The Rock's" Jessica teases him and we all laugh.

"Haha. Very funny, but enough about me, how was your night Mr. Bieber?" Sam turns back from the front seat to ask Justin, I immediately disengage.

"Oh yeah! Dad what the heck, Jess finally gets her dream man to kiss her and you fight him off? In front of everyone too, we're never getting invited anywhere after that. And then you go off to become a hypocrite and kiss some random girl in an alley way? Dad whats up, the fight with Nick wasn't enough press? Who is she anyways?" Jess unloads her thoughts into existence putting Justin on the spot. His rehearsed answer comes out almost instantly.

"Well, I thought I saw the young man knocked Karina over and forcefully kiss her, consent is important sweetie remember that. So I went into angry daddy mode and pulled him off from her." He responds with a quick little smirk at me before turning to look at his daughter. The "angry daddy" bit for me to recognize and reminisce over.

"Ew, don't say Daddy. That's gross father."Jess says and I giggle, looking down to fidget with my fingers. Oh young grasshopper, if only you knew how gross my daddy is.

"Noted." Justin laughs a little before turning back around.

"But don't dodge my other question, who's the mystery lady you were smooching with? The internet is breaking trying to figure it out." She raises her eyebrows, waiting for a juicy reply. Justin doesn't turn around to answer, instead he gives a generic and bland answer with his back turned to us.

"A friend. Mind your business."
"What friend? Do I know her?" Jess pushes further, I see Justin physically becoming uncomfortable about the subject. Rigo thankfully interrupts.

"We're here, Jason brought the jet on time so please grab everything out of the rental car because we're leaving immediately." Rigo drives into a different gate, smaller planes coming into view.  When he parks the car, we all do as instructed and grab our stuff. I'm right behind Jess as we climb the stairs up into the fancy little plane. As we stuff our stuff into the luggage space, Jess' voice shrieks somewhat as she walks toward the end isles.