Ch. 18

After all the food was properly set up yesterday, my dad stayed a couple minutes to chit chat with the men. Jess woke up a couple minutes after we finished and stayed downstairs to talk to me about a sleep over, my dad wasn't having it.

But I had told them that my mother and I would show up at 5 in the morning so my mother and her sisters could begin cooking. I would sleep in Jess's room for at least another 5 hours that way I'd wake up and start getting ready here at their house. Justin agreed, asking my mother over the phone if she'd need some extra hands to cook. Of course she disagrees and rambles off in Spanish, Justin just agreeing because he has no idea what she said.

After that was over with, I went to bed around 12 feeling really excited for tomorrow, I'm 18! Well.. at midnight tomorrow I am. I'm a legal adult. I can't wait to buy lottery tickets and do other stuff that 18 year olds do.
_________
When my mom wakes me up it's 4 fucking 30 in the morning. She tells me to grab my stuff to take to the Bieber home; I grab my dress, makeup, shoes, and my cellphone and charger. I doubt I'm forgetting anything, but with my mind still asleep, I'm not sure.

I shrug my shoulders knowing jess will probably have anything I don't.
The worse part about waking up at 4:30 A. M. is that my dad is still asleep, so we have to walk to Justin's house because my mom can't drive.

I put my stuff into my backpack, walking out to the living room to see two of my aunts snoozing on the floor. My mom wakes them up, we greet each other and we leave within 10 minutes.
We all sleepily walk down the alley and up his driveway.
When we reach his front door, Sam is waiting for us.

"Hola." He smiles and waves awkwardly at my mom and her sisters. I laugh a little at his white accent.

"Jess, tell them that everything they need is in the kitchen. And that if they can't find something, Chef Kemple will grab whatever they need for them." He tells me and I translate everything to them, they nod their heads in understanding before washing their hands to start. I don't even bother saying goodbye before I start heading up the stairs in a dazed manner. I watch my steps so that I don't trip, hearing a heavy door open up.

I lift my head to see Mr. Bieber tightening his tie as he walks towards the stairs I'm walking up. I see him stare right back at me as he buttons up his suit, god he looks so good.

"Morning." I manage to say at him as we cross paths, I don't even bother hiding my stupid awing look, he just smirks that dumb little smirk he does when he feels cocky.

"Morning sleepy." He rubs my shoulder as he walks past, I almost follow after him, but the need for sleep is a greater calling.
I didn't know he woke up at 5:30 to get to work, I better not have the same schedule as him when I start working next week.

When I finally make it up the stairs, I open Jess's room up as if it were mine, closing the door quietly and immediately dropping into the bed.
I manage to slide under her blanket and take the position of big spoon, cuddling her from behind without her stirring once. She's a deep sleeper.

I close my eyes and fall asleep almost instantly, the air conditioner's sound being the last thing I heard.

Around 4 hours later, an annoying alarm starts ringing from across the room. I open my eyes when I feel Jess moving from behind me, our spooning positions reversed. I feel a sharp pull of the sheets backwards.

"What the fuck? When did you get here?" She relaxes when she sees my face, slowly getting out of bed to turn the alarm off.