Ch. 35

"Bye ma. Bye pa," I bring both of them into a group hug, they're the first ones to leave. Thank goodness, Justin has been less social since that salt thing, Sam had even asked him if he was alright. I'm just a little annoyed that Aaron didn't leave with them, but I guess Jess is having fun talking to him. We're all watching a funny movie on my couch now, I decided I'm going to kick everyone out after it. That's reasonable, right? I'm surprised at how well everyone got along at the table for so long, usually, an hour in somebody says something stupid. Usually, Jason if I'm being honest.
We're watching some dumb movie with Adam Sandler, I sit between Rigo and Sam, their well-sized bodies making me feel protected. Justin sits alone in the love seat close to the tv, across from almost everybody, next to Arron and Jess. He's probably thinking over his mistake, it's kind of funny now that I'm thinking about it again. I smile at the memory, it's one I'll enjoy playing over in my head when I'm bored at the office.

I close my eyes, not interested in the movie, deciding that Sam's shoulder is an adequate pillow. I rest my head against him for a minute or two, not being able to fall into my desired nap. Someone's staring at me, I feel it.

I keep my head rested against Sam but open up my eyes, I look to the right of me, Aaron is looking at me with squinty eyes, Justin is looking at me with his clenched jaw. Huh? What's up with that?

I lift my head and let out a big yawn, Rigo pulls me into him, his plusher body making a better pillow than Sam's. I try to sleep but it's hard to ignore the stares radiating from the men across the room. I open my eyes and look Aaron strait in his eyes to give him the "what the fuck are you looking at" eyes, he instantly focuses his vision back onto the movie. I look over at Justin now and I give him a confused look, asking what's wrong, but with my eyes. He shakes his head and brings in his lips, something he does when he's holding back. He turns to the screen and pretends to watch, just like Aaron did. I ignore whatever is happening and just close my eyes, enjoying the warmth that Rigo gives off.

When I wake up, Rigo is carefully trying to get up without disturbing me. I sit up to let him know I'm awake.

"Oh, are you guys leaving?" I ask with a raspy voice. Please say yes, I want to sleep.

"Yeah, we had a lovely time Karina. I hope you don't mind, I packed every one some to go plates". I love him, no wonder my dad likes talking to him, he's literally the guy version of my mom.

"No, it's totally fine Rigs, thank you for that," I hug him, "Is everyone leaving?" I ask, everyone nods, sleepy from the movie that apparently ended.

"Okay, thank you guys for coming, I really appreciate it." Everyone hugs me goodbye, Aaron being the last one and the longest. I literally dropped my arms to show that the hug was over and he did not let go for another 4 seconds. Ew. I need a shower after today, too much Aaron.

Once everyone is gone, I pick up any dirty dishes and place them in my sink, deciding I'll wash them right now because I know I won't do it later. It's therapeutic when somebody else isn't telling you to wash them. When I'm done, I grab my gifts from the coffee table and place them on my bed. I'm just now realizing Jason and Jess' housewarming gift are my new pots and pans, love that.

I don't bother waiting until I reach my bathroom to undress, I strip as I walk towards my bathroom, it's great living alone! Maybe I'll even go back to the pasta jess made and eat while watching youtube, hopefully, there's still some left.

I grab my speaker from the sink and connect it to my phone to play some tunes, Harry Style's "Kiwi" coming into mind. I turn my volume all the way up and hop right into my shower, deciding that whatever plays next will have to do. Harry's whole album is a bop, "Woman" was written about me, to be honest.