Ch. 36

Justin's P. O. V.

"I think we should start moving south." I hear one of my workers bravely opinion. He's the first to speak up beside Jason. His brave pose instantly retreats when I make eye contact. I don't know why people are so scared of me. I thought Karina was scared of me for a long time, I'm so glad I drank that day. I should really start remembering peoples names. I've known this kid for about 2 years now, he rarely speaks up.

"Hmm, it's risky," I say, taking a drag of my cigar. Usually, I would ignore others, but I'm in a good mood. I feel so relaxed and tired, thanks to my baby. I can't believe she wants to stop, we're so good together. I guess I won't feel this relaxed for a while.
Maybe if I get her a car she'll keep fucking me.

"Yes Mr. Bieber, but now that the major competition has no head, it'll be easier to move in." The same kid speaks, nervously twitching his hands. I take another puff of my cigar. Does this kid need a Xanax or something? He's twitching more now that I'm maintaining eye contact.
"Well, I have been learning some Spanish," I state before chuckling a little, the rest follow along. Kiss asses. Maybe if I use my Spanish on Karina, she'll see how much she means to me. . . Why do I sound so pussy whipped? I'm getting tired of hearing myself think.

"I think it's too risky. The reason our business works is because we usually only sell to high-status white clients. With private planes. The Mexican border is much harder to get past compared to Canada." Another, older dude comments. Oh, I wasn't aware of the racism within my circle. I grimace at him and make sure he sees.
"Is there something wrong with high-status Hispanic clients?" I ask, making sure to drip a little venom in my pronunciation. I won't let anybody I know bad mouth any type of race, religion, orientation or gender. It's fucking stupid, redundant really.

"Uh, no sir?" He questions, waiting to see if he answered correctly. Ugh, there goes my relaxed mood. As well as his job. I'll just finish this cigar and see if I can wind back down. Besides me defending my neighboring county, I don't think I want to expand too far anymore. I'm in a good position in my life, Jason could probably take over. He just needs to learn how to trust the right people. Everybody quiets down a bit. I hear a couple of footsteps near.

"What I meant to say was that the current political status would make things tricky, I don't think it's a good idea." The same man comments, Lowering his voice as we see Karina trying to quietly come down the stairs. Keyword: trying. I hope nobody notices that we're both showered and clean. Her hair is still kind of wet.
What the fuck is she wearing? Her whole ass is out. And ... is she drunk? Her face only gets that red when she's drunk. When did she go into my wine room? I'm locking my wine room after this meeting. Fuck I'm staring. I refocus on the man speaking, taking another hit of my Cuban. I need to stop smoking these.

"And although the head of the company has uh... 'left,' he's still running his business from behind bars." I glare slightly at the man, his choice of words not acceptable when Karina's around. She might work for me, but there's a lot I don't want her to know.
I turn back to look at Karina, making sure she didn't hear that. She's on her tiptoes, trying hard to balance as she looks through the peephole. She smiles widely and walks outside.

"Sorry Mr. Bieber, forgive me." I turn back around to look at this man. Not that it was a big deal, I've just been very clear on why I would prefer them not to use specific terms if not asked. I disregard his bullshit apology and turn to my son. He needs a fucking haircut.

"Jason, what do you think?" About ask him, hoping he takes charge of this situation. I'm leaning more towards no, hopefully, he does too because I'm not really in the mood to continue meetings like this for a while.

"I don't think we should. The bigger the business, the bigger the risk. We should just up our price by 2%, now that we have fewer competitors in the United States." Jason says surely, everyone mutters agreeing.
Jess walks back in with two boxes in her hands, a bigger smile on her face as she runs up the stairs. I need to hide those shorts from her, running up the stairs distracted us all. I glare at everyone and they focus on their palms.