Ch. 6

Karina's outfit but not what she looks like^
____________________

"What about this one?" Jess walks out of her closet for the hundredth time, asking if the dress is right for tonight's events. This time it's a red silk dress, a high slit showing off her leg beautifully. Thas mah bes frien!

"Again, you look good but it's too fancy for a house party, maybe you should try something a little more casual." I tell her once again. It's been a half hour of this already!

"Well you're supposed to look fancy! How else are you supposed to find hot guys? Or in your case, hot men." She giggles at my interest of older men and I giggle along with her.

"Do you even have a crush? Ooh! Your neighbor's dad is cute... well at least his son is. Is he your dilf fantasy?" She laughs behind the closet, I hear her struggling into her next dress.

"Aaron's dad? Ew no. He isn't as cute as Aaron. I saw him today by the way, I said hi and he blushed like a little school girl. Anyways if I were to have a dilf fantasy, it'd probably be your dad." I state blandly, hoping she doesn't press too much into it.

"Karina what the fuck! My dad isn't even cute! Ima tell him you said that!" She says mischievously, walking out in a pink suede dress.

"He is cute! And not just because he won bachelor of the year." I examine her new dress.

"That's the one! You look good girl." I change the subject quickly, this convo can turn very awkward, very fast.

"Really!? Yay! Now you can try on the dresses I bought for you. Try this one." She turns around and heads back into the closet, pulling out a black cloth similar to hers.

"Okay, get out of the closet, I want to see your reaction when I walk out." I quickly take her place, stripping off my clothes and slipping into the soft dress. I don't bother looking at the price tag, it'll make me feel bad that she wasted that much money on me.

Once my arms slip into the right holes, I notice how low the plunge on this thing is. I turn around to look into the mirror, and hot damn. Usually i'm kind of insecure about my chest, but I think this dress makes me look reaaalllyyy good. Now I just need Jess's approval to know this is the one.

"Is this too fancy for tonight?" I walk out timidly, adjusting the slit showing off my unshaved leg.

"Giiiirrrrrllll, it's perfect! I know you too well. We're going to find you a hot boy tonight. Preferably a guy your age who isn't my dad." She laughs, adjusting herself on the bean bag.

"Preferably not haha." I say to her, wiggling my eyebrows at her, I really don't want her to think i'm only here to stare at her dad. I walk back into the closet to change back into what I was wearing. I hear her giggle, a sign she isn't taking the situation seriously.

"Anyways do you want me to do your makeup for tonight?" I ask only because she's horrible at it. I'd be the fakest friend if I let her out of the house in what she calls her best attempt of a smokey eye.

"Yes please." She says as I walk out. I nod and slip on my sandals before telling her that im going to head home really quick to go get my brushes. She has all the products I could only wish for but not any of the right brushes.

Instead of leaving right away, I make my way inside Jason's room. I see him laying on the bed, alone and sad. Oh, whatever he's about to tell me is going to be some depressing shit. I put on my most comforting smile when he sees me nearing in.

"Hey buddy, whats wrong. What did you want to tell me yesterday?" I lay in bed next to him, cradling his head into the nape of my neck.

"I would've never let her leave me if I knew what she was going through." He states.