Ch. 38

I wrote this high so bear with me lol-c
_______

"Looks great Zane, I'll take it. But we have to get going, I'll have my other assistant send you the details. She'll see you soon." Justin says, grabbing my hand to lead me back to the car. I try to release my hand because it looks unprofessional, but Justin holds on tight and doesn't speak until we're in the car. His cold rings pressing into my skin.

"Uh, you still hungry?" Justin asks as he reverses crazily. His eyes squinting as he focuses. I grab hold of the sides of my seat.

"Umm, yeah, but I think your security issue is a little more important no?" I wonder what could have happened, and I wonder how many complexes he has. Complex k. Does that mean he has a-k?

"You're my security issue." Justin mumbles.

"What? Why? What'd I do?" I ask, confused as to how I fit into all this. I haven't stolen anything besides a couple of pens on accident. Ok maybe on purpose but I didn't think he'd care. It was those gel pens that don't spread when you draw on the skin and I couldn't not steal them.

"Baby don't get mad. . ." Justin says, pulling into another parking garage fairly close to the other building. This one is much nicer. Me? Get mad?

"Why would I get mad?" I ask carefully, his words sounding like he's going to apologize for something. He puts the car in park and we sit silently for a moment or two until he speaks again.

"Complex K stands for Karina. Your building babe." He starts off, my eyebrows push together in confusion.

"You bought me a building..?" I ask confused, that's a weird gift. Why would I get mad at that?

"Huh? No. I had bought the building you live in and had some of my men install a security system for your individual apartment. Someone has broken in." He says before unbuckling, opening his door and expecting me to get out. I follow.

"Wait, you bought my whole ass complex? So you're my landlord?" I ask, trying to process.

"Yes." He says, speed walking and not slowing down for me. What the...

"And you put cameras in my house. And someone has broken in? Did I get all that?" I say dumbfounded, that was too much info for my 3 brain cells. How clingy does he have to be to put cameras in my house? Oh no, I need to start wearing pants at home. Ew does that mean somebody is watching me 24/7?

"Yes about the landlord, but no I didn't put cameras in your home, that's creepy. Let me just explain in our room." He says, continuing to lead me into a whole new hotel. So I was wrong about Aaron stalking me but I was right to be paranoid. Who the hell would want to break into my home? I literally have nothing to offer. And the beeping I've been hearing, is that really a smoke alarm?

"Our room? Justin, I told you I don't want to do anything today..." I say and start to quiet down, a couple of people noticing our new presence in the lobby. "Just tell me out here what's going on."

Justin stops in front of the elevator but motions me over. "I can't tell you out here, it's not safe."
Not safe? Who the hell is threatening our safety? Aaron is at the office so there are no other people I could accuse. I walk over to Justin and we both get inside the opened elevator. An elderly couple joins us. The silence surrounding us doesn't let up until Justin is unlocking a door. He places his man purse on a counter and immediately heads for the hotel phone.

"Hello? It's Justin, send it up." He says, hanging up without a please or thank you. Uh, rude.

"What's going on Justin?" I ask, taking a seat on the couch because I'm starting to get overwhelmed. Are my parents okay? Did they just ransack the place or am I robbed too? I watch as his hand runs through his hair for the millionth time. He looks so stressed, his usual demeanor of fun and flirty has changed into an on edge person. Why is he so stressed out? it's not like I was there. He takes a deep breath before taking a seat by me.