Ch. 8

"Isn't It a little late for you to be here?" Justin asks, twirling my hair between his fingers.

"Yeah." I answer shortly and softly. My thoughts are kind of jumbled right now. Yes or no questions are all I can comprehend at the moment.

"Won't your mom be mad that you're out so late?" Justin asks, I shrug my shoulders. I couldn't care less. We sit in silence for a minute or two and it's quite nice.

"Well... Do you wanna know a secret?" He sits up, cutting through the silence. My interest peaks, I sit up along with him.

"You can't tell anyone." He holds my chin in the palm of his hand and makes me look him dead in the eye. I only nod to confirm my secrecy. Drunk Mr. Bieber is my favorite version of him so far, he's like a giggly kid.He stands up a little too fast, making him sway a little on his way towards the book case. I follow after him. His fingertips skim book after book until he stops on the same book I discovered earlier. I pretend like I don't know what's about to happen next. I take in a fake breath of air to act surprised when the book shelf opens up as a door. He allows me to walk in first and I immediately see my sweater on the bed. I walk in a little faster and plop down on the bed over my sweater.

"What is this place?" I ask in fake awe, coughing a little when the dust flies up and enters my lungs. I sit up and watch his fingers once more trace the dust over the shelves. He then continues to grab every news paper I saw earlier and lays them into a neat stack in one of his drawers, closing it shut.

"This is my chill out spot. Where I come to relax when life is a little hectic. No body knows about this." He says, plopping down next to me.

"Well, it looks like you haven't been here for a while." I maneuver the dust between my fingers.

"Yeah, life had been good to me recently." He lays next to me carefully trying not move the dust around.

And we lay in silence for a minute, staring strait into each other's eyes. I look away, noticing a small set of stairs behind him. Without my glasses, I cant really see what it is, which is probably why I missed it in the first place.

I was going to ask but the small shallow snores coming from next to me interrupt my thoughts. I turn over to look at Justin, his eyes are closed and I've never seen someone sleep so peacefully. Haha, he's old. Can't stay up past 10.I pick up his arm to check the time on his watch, noticing I'm about 10 minutes away from my curfew.

"Shit." I curse out loud before standing up. I grab my sweater from underneath me and lay it over Justin, making sure he doesn't wake up in the process. Awwwe! What a cute man.

I walk away admiring his little snores before I close the bookcase behind me. I start making my way out the small office and into the dim hallway. My hand runs along the walls to balance me out as I walk. The door i'm walking towards starts rattling. I grab the knob to see who's having trouble remembering how to open a door.

I interrupt a pathetic make out sesh of two random people looking for a room.

"Sorry guys, this hallway is off limits. Try the other hallway." I point across and they scurry towards it. "Thanks."

I grab the railing of the stairs and slowly but surely make my way to the bottom. When I reach the front door, I wave goodbye to Jason and anybody else who looks somewhat familiar.

I finally start walking up the familiar alley, taking off my heels half way up. I can't walk too good with these. Why am I hungry? Did I not eat?

I hear a small rattling noise behind me, I didn't even look behind me before I fuckin booked it up the rest of my street. My body took control before my curiosity could try to see who it was. And even though I know i'm drunk, I heard footsteps running after me. And i'm not fucking with that.