(Spring) Chapter 2

Original Published Date: May 22, 2016

Edited Date: November 29, 2017

April 4, 2016 - Lunchtime

In front of the Student Council room, Hinako was standing there with the door open. She bows her head to Asura and Itsuka before closing the door and leaving the premises.

In Class 1-A, Marie waited anxiously for Hinako to return. She was gone for fifteen minutes during class since she was called in to the Student Council room. Then, the pink-headed girl's anxiousness was washed away when she saw Hinako enter the classroom.

"Suzuhana-san!" Marie immediately runs to Hinako, holding her hand with teary eyes. "What happened? Did you get into some sort of trouble after defending me and the other two seniors?"

"I-I'm okay, Kachuujou-san. Really," Hinako pulls up a smile, to which Marie calms down to. "Souji-senpai and Seifuku-senpai just talked to me about taking the position for Student Council First Year Representative."

"Amazing!" Marie's eyes sparkle. "So? So? Did you accept?"

Hinako's smile turns into a frown. She lowers Marie's hand and shook her head. "I didn't."

"But, why? It would have been awesome if you joined. You could be the next Student Council president!"

"No, no," Hinako waves her hand. "I don't have any plans on running. Besides, I'm only a freshman and it's unfair if I got in the Student Council without campaigning and rightfully earning votes from students."

"Y-You're so humble, Suzuhana-san! I respect you," Marie's eyes sparkle more.

"I'm not really humble," Hinako laughs faintly.

"You must be the new meat who picked a fight with my Gil-darling, huh?" A voice said from behind Hinako. She turns around and saw a girl with pink, long hair. Her front part of the hair was cut to a full bangs. "How very...brave of you."

Hinako eyes at the girl and remained calm. "And you are?"

"I am Himeji Mabu, a second year like my Gil-darling. He and I are...classmates," she smirks.

"So? Are you here for him? If that's what it is, you're wasting your time with me." Hinako said, turning to leave.

Mabu looks at Hinako as she leaves and her smirk grows wider. "Your attitude is mongrel-like, hm?"

Hearing that made Hinako stop on her tracks. Marie got worried all of a sudden, looking at Hinako then to Mabu.

"H-Hinako-chan?"

The brown-headed girl turns around and gives Mabu an intensifying death glare. "What did you say?"

Mabu relaxes herself, placing a hand over her mouth. "Whoops. Looks like I slipped there."

"Are you that senior's girlfriend?" Hinako asks as she stands firmly on the floor.

Mabu was surprised to hear the word 'girlfriend'. Then, she bursts out laughing for everyone in the classroom to hear. "Girlfriend? Oh, how I wish, new meat. But, that guy is as thick-headed as you are. I wish he could look my way but he doesn't."

"What?" Hinako releases a sweatdrop from her forehead. "Then, what are you to him? A fan-girl of his?"

"Maybe. I just want him for myself," Mabu just shook her shoulder.