(Autumn) Chapter 30

Original Published Date: September 3, 2016

Edited Date: February 8, 2018

September 20, 2016 - Dawn

It felt warm like the warmth of a mother and a father. However, there was another feeling laced within that embrace. It was so nostalgic yet new. Who knew that being embraced like this was gentle and sweet? She wished that she'd always be enveloped in his embrace.

"I'm sorry," his voice echoed that night. His voice was gentle, inviting - enticing.

"Gasp!"

Hinako woke up with small beads of sweat dripping down from her forehead. A bright red blush was painted across her cheeks as her dream repeats inside her mind over and over again. For many nights, she had those dreams - a dream where she is being embraced by the person she loves. It felt warm and fuzzy yet embarrassing at the same time. There really were those nights in which she dreams that golden-headed man.

'Douji-senpai,' she thought out his name as she hugs the sheets that covers her body.

September 20, 2016 - Morning

Before homeroom classes, Itsuka called the officers of the student council to the student council room. It was an important meeting and the agenda was...

"The Cultural Festival!" Itsuka declares with a grin plastered on his face.

On the blackboard of the student council room, the title "Annual Cultural Festival" was written. On the side, ideas for the community presentation are written. On the other side were food and game stalls.

"It's that time again, huh?" Jeanne mutters to herself as she smiles. Her memories of the cultural festivals in Homurahara were always sweet and filled with happiness.

Hinako saw the student council treasurer smiling and raised an eyebrow of curiosity. "You're smiling, Enko-senpai."

"Ah," she glances at the brown-headed underclassman. "it's because Homurahara hosts a very big festival. It's on par with the traditional festivals held here in Japan."

"Is that so?" Hinako, somehow, felt excited. It will be her first cultural festival in high school, anyway.

"All right, the reason why I brought you all here in the morning is because we have to think of the perfect community presentation," Itsuka explains. "We've already done a musical last year and an exhibition of Wagakki instruments two years ago."

"Can't we discuss this after classes, Itsuka-senpai?" Gil asks, his arms crossed over his chest. He has an irritated expression on his face as he ignores Mabu's constant staring. "We all have classes in ten minutes."

Itsuka laughs. "I bet we can come up with a concept before classes even start."

"And what if you don't?" He raises an eyebrow.

"Then, I'll make sure that you have less responsibilities to worry about in the cultural festival."

Gil's eye twitch. He liked what he had heard. Of course, Gil always wanted to take less responsibilities as much as possible. He already has his hands full with the kendo club and his responsibility as vice president. Plus, there's still that problem with his father. Gil was still carrying a heavy load.