(Winter) Chapter 43

Original Published Date: April 2017

Edited Date: May 01, 2017

February 13, 2017 - Morning

"Hinako-chan, will you help me make this?"

Marie flashes Hinako a page of a cookbook she just bought. It's a step-by-step recipe on how to make different flavor-filled chocolates. On the upper left corner, it says: Surprise your loved ones with this delectable treat!

"Chocolates, huh?" Hinako smiles, looking up at her cheerful friend. "Sure, I'd love to."

Marie claps her hands once, flashing a wide smile towards her brown-headed friend. "Oh, that's wonderful! I bet we can make a lot of it and give some to our friends!"

"Yeah, that sounds a good idea," Hinako agrees.

"Hey, what are you two talking about?"

Marie and Hinako looks up to their blue-headed friend, Fūrin. He just came in from the north door of the classroom, his bag hanging on his right shoulder.

"Ah, good morning, Fūrin-kun!" Marie happily greets.

"Good morning, Fūrin," Hinako greets, as well.

"Good morning to you two," then he notices the cookbook Marie was holding, to which he made a wide grin. "Making chocolates for tomorrow?"

"Ah!" Marie hides the magazine with a pink blush on her cheeks. "It's for you to find out, Fūrin-kun! Just because it's valentine's tomorrow doesn't mean we're making chocolates!" She sticks out her tongue.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever you say," he pats the pink-headed girl's head. "Though, I'd appreciate it if you gave me some."

"Fūrin-kun, you meanie! Don't expect too much!"

The three friends laugh, starting the first day of the week with smiles.

Lunchtime has come. Hinako, Fūrin, and Marie went up to the roof to have their lunch.

"Here, please help yourselves," Hinako said as she took off the lid of the tupperware, surprising her friends with slices of delectable sandwiches. In Marie and Fūrin's eyes, they shone like precious gems and jewels.

"Uwaaah! They look delicious, Hinako-chan!" Marie said, her eyes sparkling.

"As usual, you make great sandwiches for us to enjoy. We're thankful, Hinacchi," Fūrin said, taking a sandwich while winking at her.

"It's not a big deal, really. I'm happy that I get to cook not just for me but for other people as well," Hinako replies, smiling, feeling happy that her friends like her sandwiches.

"If we make chocolates later, I'll bet that yours will taste delicious than mine," Marie said, chibi tears streaming down from her eyes. "You're a goddess at cooking, Hinako-chan!"

"A-Ah, I'm not that good, Marie-chan," Hinako waves her hand, trying to calm her disappointed friend. "I live alone, remember? I can't always rely on convenience store bentos and such. I have to learn to cook and keep myself healthy."

"Good point," then a lightbulb pops out from Marie's head and slams her right fist onto her left palm. "I know! Why don't we make chocolates at your place, Hinako-chan? I haven't been to your house yet so I wanna see it."