(Winter) Chapter 47

Original Published Date: April 2017

Edited Date: May 20, 2018

March 6, 2017 - Morning

It was around seven in the morning. The students of Class 2-A were having their Physical Education class under the tutelage of Teacher Kyuru. The boys were tasked to run ten laps around the track while the girls are playing soccer in teams of six.

"Do ten more laps!" Teacher Kyuru shouts after the boys recently finished ten laps, panting and exhausted.

"W-Why is Mouretsuyuu-sensei so energetic so early in the morning?" one boy asks his classmate.

"I don't know but damn," the other boy pants heavily. "another ten laps? I could faint right now."

"You two, what are you doing?" A familiar voice asks, a figure approaching them.

The two boys froze in their spots upon hearing that one familiar voice. Just hearing it makes them shiver in fear and they are unable to lift their heads to look at him.

"U-Uhmm..." One of them stutters. "W-We were just getting to ten more laps, D-Douji-san!"

"Y-Yeah, we have no intention of slacking down or anything!"

"L-Let's go and do those ten laps, okay?"

"O-Okay!"

The two boys were about to leave, about to do the additional ten laps around the track field even though they're exhausted and still panting heavily. They kept their heads down, not wanting to meet eye contact. But, they weren't able to pass by him when one of their shoulders got caught in the golden-headed man's grip.

"Stop," he says.

The two were petrified and their voices got caught in their throats. They're not really sure if they're going to survive this ordeal. They have seen how Gil Douji treats students who are below him and they never wanted to cross the line with him. But, they crossed the line somehow and is now in a heap of trouble.

"You two are exhausted. Go take a rest on the bench and cool off for a bit," Gil says as he points to a nearby bench with his head.

Their eyes widen in surprise. Did Gil just say something nice to them? If he really did, then that's an extremely rare moment. Slowly, they look up and met the crimson eyes of their golden-headed classmate. But, his eyes show no irritation. They were just cool and calm and soft.

"D-Douji-san?" One of them stutters.

"What?" He raises an eyebrow, sending cold chills to the two again.

"W-W-We'll take a rest! S-Sorry for bothering you!"

The two exhausted boys hurriedly made their way to the nearby bench and rested. Gil, on the other hand, went back to the track field to continue the additional ten laps. The girls who were playing soccer, however, saw everything and they couldn't help but make small talk.

"Did you just see that? Did Douji-san look really nice just now?" One of the girls asked.

"Yeah, yeah! I saw that, too! Normally, he would scold anyone who doesn't do their job right," one replies.

"Is it me or something is new about him?" Another ponders at the thought.

"Whatever it is, that's quite a shocking revelation!"