(Autumn) Chapter 25

Author's Notes | August 2016

Hey, guys! HanaYume23 here! 

Finally, we're starting the Autumn season for this story. *claps*

To my readers, thank you for all the reads, votes, and support. I will try my best to deliver to you all a wonderful story. (^_^)

Enjoy reading!

-

Original Published Date: August 10, 2016

Edited Date: February 2, 2018

-

September 6, 2016 - After School

"Hah!"

Hinako deflects Asuto's shinai with her own. She struggles with power versus power as she was slowly taken back by her upperclassman's brute force. Fortunately, Hinako was able to deflect her senior's shinai and used his vulnerability as a means for her to strike. It was a hit on Asuto's side.

"All right, the final point goes to Suzuhana-san," Koujiro says as he smiles, happy to know that his underclassman won today's practice fight.

Hinako and Asuto stood a few feet apart and respectfully bows to one another. After that, Hinako proceeds to walk to the side in order for the next kendokas to practice.

"Phew," Hinako took off her head armor. She wipes off the sweat that trickles down from her forehead with the back of her hand.

"Suzuhana-chan," Asuto approaches her. "today was a great match! You've improved quite a lot! I'm really proud of you!"

"Juniyushi-senpai," Hinako looks at her upperclassman and gave him a warm smile. "thank you but you're still stronger than me. I can't overpower you when you hit me with everything you've got."

"You don't need to overpower me. You just have to be agile when dealing with your strikes," Asuto said as he points up a finger like a teacher.

"I see. Thank you for the advice, senpai," her smile widens.

"Anyway, where's Gil? I haven't seen him since the start of training. He still needs to polish his skills for the competition next week," Asuto asks as he ponders on where his best friend is at the moment.

"Ah, that. You see, Douji-senpai is..."

September 6, 2016 - Before Kendo Training

"Suzuhana, are you there?" Gil asks from Class 1-A's south classroom door. Everyone was surprised to see him there.

"U-Uh, Suzu-chan, Douji-senpai is looking for you," Marie whispers to her while they were erasing the writings on the blackboard.

Hinako's eyes widen and looks at Marie in shock. "For real?"

Marie just nods. Then, she glances towards the south door and Hinako follows. Indeed, the golden-headed senior was there and he was getting rather impatient. An anime vein was throbbing on the right side of his cheek. Hinako can't help but just let the edge of her mouth twitch awkwardly.