(Spring) Chapter 9

Original Published Date: June 9, 2016

Edited Date: December 9, 2017

May 16, 2016 - Early Morning

"Good morning, Suzuhana-chan!" Marie said, coming up to Hinako at her desk. "Today's the first day of our exams, isn't it?"

Hinako looks at Marie with a smile. "Good morning to you, too, Kachuujou-san. Yes, today is the first day and I'm a little nervous."

"Nervous? You?" Marie laughs  little. "We all know that you're the smartest student in the whole first year level!"

"I-I'm not that smart, Kachuujou-san," Hinako waves her hand, a little embarrassed. "I just have to keep my grades to a particular level in order for me to retain my scholarship."

"Oh, my. You're so humble, Suzuhana-chan!" Marie claps her hands once, smiling.

"Good morning, you two," Furin walks up to the two of them. "You ready for the exams?"

"I am super ready!" Marie pumps up her fists and her eyes sparkle with determination.

Furin laughs. "That's so like you, Maricchi!"

"Of course it's so like me. I studied all week last week in preparation for this!"

"But, it's only the preliminary exams. Don't get worked up about it," Furin giggles.

"I have to!" Marie slumps a little. "I still remember that my exam scores back in middle school are below average. That's why I have to redeem myself and do better in high school!"

"Don't worry, Kachuujou-san," Hinako places a hand over Marie's shoulder. "I know that you'll do great in high school."

Marie returns to her happy side and sparkles at Hinako. "Thank you, Suzuhana-chan! That really pumped up my game for today, being touched and blessed by a super smart student like you!"

The edge of Hinako's lips twitched, seeing her good friend get more pumped up after giving her much needed encouragement. "W-Well, you're welcome."

The first school bell rang and came in their homeroom adviser, Teacher Misa, carrying a stack of test papers in her hands.

"Good morning, everyone!" Teacher Misa greeted. "Please, take your seats."

Everyone in Class 1-A took their seats and sat up properly. The curly, white-headed teacher places the stack of papers onto the table in front of her and looked at her students with a smile.

"Today is your first day of exams and your first exam will be composition!" She happily said. "I hope you all studied very well~!"

Everyone in Homurahara Gakuen started their exams. In Class 1-A, Hinako was scribbling on her test paper like she's not having any difficulty at all. Marie was reading some of the questions and answered them little by little. As for Furin, he's also not having any difficulty in answering his exam paper but there were a few blank spaces left unfilled.

In Class 2-A, Gil was answering like Hinako. Since he was at the top of his class last year, it's no surprise that he's answering like the smart student he is. As for Mabu, she was laying back on her chair, with her arms and legs crossed, eyeing on her paper like it's her enemy. There are a lot of blank spaces to be filled, eventually.

In Class 3-A, Asura was answering her exam paper properly. She takes the time to read the questions before answering. As for Itsuka, he answers the questions that look easy to him first before proceeding to the ones he deems difficult.