(Autumn) Chapter 28

Original Published Date: August 2016

Edited Date: February 5, 2018

September 12, 2016 - Morning

Their eyes met for several seconds. 

They focus their gazes on one another. 

It was awkward, yes, but mostly, it was a serious moment. 

For five years, they haven't seen each other. Not once, after that night, did they talk nor see each other. Why would they talk to one another? Why would they see each other? After what that man with spiky, slick back golden hair, standing at 6'2", wearing a leather jacket, black pants, and black boots did to him, how could he easily talk or see that man?

He shouldered the pain, the responsibilities - everything - when that man left him and his family. He shut himself from everyone and continued to look down on others so that he won't be looked down on instead. He did everything he could to keep his one and only family together. He grew up with no father for five years, since his first year in middle school, and he continued to do so, growing independently and relying on no one.

"It is nice to meet the coach of Homurahara Gakuen's Kendo team, if I do say so myself," Kintoki Sakata greets the tall, dark coach with a grin and extends a hand for Teacher Kyuru to shake.

"It's also nice to meet the new coach of Seihai Gakuen's Kendo team. I'm shocked to hear about what happened to the previous coach," Teacher Kyuru said as he shook Kintoki's hand firmly.

"I'm shocked, too," he replies. Then, he glances towards a boy with platinum silver hair, standing in the same height as Gil. "I'd like you to meet the captain of Seihai Gakuen's kendo team."

The boy stood firmly and offers a hand for Teacher Kyuru to shake. "My name is Furidou Shiguma, the current captain of Seihai Gakuen's Kendo team. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Teacher Kyuru takes Shiguma's hand and shakes it. "The pleasure's all mine," he, then, looks to his side and looks at the golden-headed captain. "Douji, come over here."

Gil looks at his coach. "Yes," he approaches them.

"I'd like you to meet the current captain of the team."

"Douji Gil of Homurahara's Kendo team," he introduces himself as plainly as possible.

"It's nice to meet you, Douji-san," Shiguma looks at him with a small smile and extends a hand. "Furidou Shiguma. I hope to see you battle."

"Of course you'll be seeing me in battle. I might be up against you, you know?" He clicks his tongue in an irritating way.

"Hey now, Douji. There's no need to act like that in front of the captain of another school," Teacher Kyuru reminds.

"Hmph," Gil takes Shiguma's hand and shook it once. "Nice to meet you, too."

"And the man beside him is-"

"I know who he is," Gil cuts. "There's no need to introduce me to a traitor," he, then, turns around and walks back to his other teammates.

Kintoki looks at Gil from behind with a worried expression plastered on his face. He has seen it coming. He knew to himself that his son won't be as nice to him, unlike before. But he has himself to blame because of the hurt he has caused for his eldest son five years ago.

"I'm terribly sorry about our captain, Sakata-san," Teacher Kyuru apologizes in behalf of his team's captain.

"Ah, it's all right. I've seen it coming, anyway," Kintoki replies with a grin, brushing off any sadness in his heart.