(Spring) Chapter 8

Original Published Date: June 8, 2016

Edited Date: December 7, 2017

May 11, 2016 - Morning

"Okay, everybody! Pop quiz!" Teacher Misa said, clapping her hands together with a cheerful smile. "This will also serve as your preparation for the exams starting next week, so do your best!" She pumps up her fist.

All of the students of Class 1-A turns their quiz paper around and looked at it. Most of the words were in English since Teacher Misa is a Composition/English teacher. There were a few groans echoing throughout the room.

As for Hinako, she scans the questions for a minute before proceeding to answer it. She wrote in incredible speed, as if she's not having a hard time at all. Marie and a few students in a two-desk radius from Hinako were looking at her, amazed that she is not bothered the slightest bit about the English quiz.

May 10, 2016 - First Break

"As expected from you, Suzuhana-san, your scores are always above the mark!" Teacher Misa praises her student, who was right in front of her. They were at the faculty room.

"Oh, Misa-chan, did Suzuhana-san did well on your quiz today?" A scarlet-headed teacher asks.

"Ah, Bou-chan! She did absolutely incredible!" Teacher Misa said with slight exaggeration. She is always surprised at everything.

"Well, that's the school's scholar for you," Teacher Bou said with a smile. She, then, looks at Hinako. "Keep up the good work, Suzuhana-san. If you retain your grades like this, Principal Martha might just consider giving you a college scholarship."

Hinako looks at Teacher Bou and bows her head. "Thank you very much, Mushajou-sensei."

"You're also doing well in my class," she lays back on her chair and drank her coffee from a brown mug. "I might just exempt from you the exam."

"Oh, please, sensei," Hinako was surprised, waving her right hand. "Thank you for thinking of exempting me but I'd rather take the exam."

"Uwaah~ You are so humble, Suzuhana-san," Teacher Misa smiles at her.

Hinako just laughs a little. "Then, please excuse me."

Then the door to the faculty room opens. Teacher Bou looks at the person who was standing there, smiling to see the person she has always looked after.

"Ah, Gil-kun! You're here," Teacher Bou muses over to the golden-headed man, raising her right arm and waving it in the air.

Upon hearing Gil's name, Hinako turns to look at him.

"Yes, sensei, you need something from me?" Gil asks as he walks over to Teacher Bou. Then, he notices Hinako. "Suzuhana?"

"Good morning to you, Douji-senpai," she bows her head.

"Yeah, good morning," he returned lazily before looking back at Teacher Bou.

"Hey, at least be polite to Suzuhana-san, Gil-kun!" Teacher Bou said before lightly tapping her history book on Gil's waist. "You are, after all, working with her in the student council."

Gil looks back at the brown-headed representative through the corner of his eyes. She was just staring at him, as if waiting for something. Then, Gil remembered seeing Hinako cry yesterday.