(Summer) Chapter 20

Original Published Date: July 2016

Edited Date: January 10, 2018

July 19, 2016 - Early Morning

"It's..."

"...the..."

"...BEEEEEAAAAACH!!!"

Asuto and the other members started to jump into the sea and began making a splash out of the crystal clear waters.

"Hey, Asuto! We didn't come here for a vacation!" Koujiro shouted, projecting his voice by placing his hands on his cheeks, making it look like a megaphone.

"I know! But it's the sea, so it's an exemption!" Asuto said with a sparkling smile, waving up his hand while submerged in water.

'Then, why don't you marry the sea?' Koujiro thought as his mouth twitches.

Hinako walks towards the sand while carrying a small cooler. It contained various refreshments that Asuto and the others bought for this 'unexpected' outing to the beach. Koujiro turns around and saw Hinako having a little hard time.

"Ah, Suzuhana-san, you shouldn't have carried that; it's heavy," the purple-headed vice captain immediately approaches her and places his hands on the handles of the cooler.

"It's all right, Sasaki-senpai. It's just a small cooler," the brown-headed underclassman gives him a wide smile, showing her senior that she's all right in carrying the cooler.

Koujiro was taken back and a small blush crept up to his face. "S-Still, you should let us do the heavy work, Suzuhana-san."

"Oh, thank you, senpai," Hinako said as she smiles some more.

"N-No problem," Koujiro mechanically took the small cooler from Hinako and slowly walks away, going to the small spot the group reserved.

Hinako looks at Asuto and the other members who were splashing on each other in the sea. She can't help but remember what transpired yesterday and earlier today for them to get here.

July 18, 2016 - Late Afternoon

"Welcome to the family vacation home of Douji-sama," an old lady said, who looks like she's in her seventies. "You all must be the members of the kendo team Douji-sama is a part of."

"Hello, Michiko-san, it's been a while," Gil greeted the old lady with much respect.

"Yes, it has been some five years or so, Douji-sama. Oh, but first, please come in. The others have just finished preparing dinner," Michiko made way for them and showed them inside Gil's vacation home.

Gil's vacation home is located in the prefecture of Okinawa. Specifically, it's in Iriomote-jima (Iriomote Island), a part of the Yaeyama Islands. It took them a long, long time by ferry to get to the place.

The kendo team comprises of fifteen members, with Gil as captain and Koujiro as vice captain. Asuto is considered as the team's helper and secondary instructor. Of course, Hinako is a part of those fifteen members and the representative of the first years of the student council.