(Summer) Chapter 21

Original Published Date: July 2016

Edited Date: January 10, 2018

Hinako ran on the sandy ground after feeling embarrassed of not having to wear a yukata last night. She's not the type of person who likes to wear yukatas or any other traditional clothing. She just likes the casual vibe of her clothing style.

Little did Hinako know that there was a small hole on the sandy ground. Her foot caught into it and she fell flat on the ground.

"Ouch... That hurts," Hinako said as she lifts herself up and brushed off the sand from her face.

"Are you all right, Suzuhana-san?"

Hinako looks up to see a hand stretched out towards her. Then, she focuses her gaze at the person offering his assistance. It was Koujiro, who was wearing a purple jacket only and knee-length dark violet shorts.

"Oh, thank you, Sasaki-senpai," Hinako happily took her senior's hand, pulling her up. She brushes away the sand on her shirt and shorts. "I'm sorry for the trouble, senpai."

"Oh, it's no problem," he smiles. "But be careful in running here. You don't want to trip again, now do you?"

"I definitely don't want to trip again," she chuckles, an anime sweat-drop hanging on her head. "Also, I can hear unnecessary laughing not too far from me," she plainly stated, giving off a straight expression.

Not too far from where Koujiro and Hinako were, Gil's laughing can be heard. He found Hinako's tripping on the sand amusing and believe me, he hasn't laughed a lot like this before. But he wasn't laughing out of being mean, he just finds Hinako's clumsiness cute and amusing.

Koujiro looks at Gil, then back at Hinako, smiling. "It looks like the two of you are in good terms, Suzuhana-san."

"Huh? Good terms with who?" Hinako blinks a couple of times.

"Douji-san," he chuckles. "I don't see you two fight anymore."

"Oh, does it look like that we fight a lot?" The corner of her lips tugged, wanting to hear the opposite from her senior.

"Well, I still remember back in April that he rammed a shinai onto your head," Koujiro grins sarcastically.

"Oh, that," Hinako flashbacks to the day when she challenged Gil to a fight in kendo during membership day. It was still rough for the two of them, thinking that they won't be in good terms with one another. "It was an accident."

"But I don't think it is an accident," Koujiro plainly stated. "At the very least, I'm happy to see the two of you getting along."

"Thanks, senpai," Hinako lightly blushes. "I'm glad, as well, that I came into good terms with Douji-senpai. I thought that we won't reconcile because I hated his attitude. But after three months, I can see that he's a good person inside."

Koujiro stares at Hinako for a while, analyzing her. She, on the other hand, blinked her eyes while staring back at her upperclassman. Was there something on her face? He could just tell her and not stare at it. But, for Koujiro, he felt something that he can't help but smile about it.

"You sound like you have feelings for our captain, Suzuhana-san," Koujiro giggles.

Hinako stepps back as her face turns red. "W-What? I, uh, I-I don't have any feelins for Douji-senpai. W-What makes you say that?"

"You're stuttering, Suzuhana-san," Koujiro grins.

Hinako's blush intensifies as she steps backward. She didn't look to where she was going and accidentally places her foot on the small hole from earlier. Hinako fell backwards but due to Koujiro's instant reflexes, he was able to grab his underclassman's hand and pulls her back. Although, Koujiro might have pulled harder than he thought.