(Summer) Chapter 22

Original Published Date: 2016

Edited Date: January 22, 2018

July 20, 2016 - Morning

"Aaaaahhh!!!"

Another kendo team member was sent flying and rolled down onto the tatami mat flooring of the large dojo of Gil's vacation home.

Gil swung his shinai to the side, an irritated expression etched on his face. He already defeated seven male members in training and no one was really stepping up to his league.

"You mongrels!" He taps the tip of his shinai onto the floor. "This is what you get for slacking off yesterday by going to the beach!" Gil turns into a raging dragon, swatting his shinai lightly onto the defeated trainees. "I'm going to make sure you all get a taste of my wrath!"

Asuto releases an anime sweat-drop as he looks at his best friend. A faint laugh escapes his lips while seeing his captain's burning demeanor.

"It's early in the morning but Douji-senpai sure is fired up," Hinako comments, looking at the same direction as Asuto.

"Well, I think it's my fault on why he is like that," the pink-headed man laughs mechanically, realizing that it was his fault for not having any training yesterday.

"Well, I'm glad that you admit to your mistakes, senpai," Hinako states plainly, an imaginable arrow striking her senior by the head.

"Y-You didn't have to put it that way, Suzuhana-chan," he cries chibi tears.

"Aaaaahhh!!!"

Gil just sent the eighth male member to the ground and lightly swats him with his shinai.

"How the hell are we supposed to choose a candidate for the regional competition, huh?! You mongrels are weak; how pathetic!"

"Hey, hey, Gil-kun, calm down," Asuto walks over to his friend, putting up his hands in a calming manner.

The golden-headed man snaps his head to Asuto's direction and gave him a death glare. Asuto stops walking with a cold sweat running down from his forehead, and fear escalated within his whole body. He shook uncontrollably at the gaze of his angry friend.

"Who the hell's fault is this, huh?! Don't try to act like you didn't start this whole mess, Asuto!"

"No, stay away from me!!!"

Gil and Asuto were like cat and mouse; Gil was the cat and Asuto was the mouse. Gil chased after Asuto with a burning aura behind his back, swinging his shinai left and right, up and down, hoping to hit Asuto, especially in the head.

Hinako releases an anime sweat-drop as she watches her upperclassmen chase each other on the training floor. 'This is quite the lively day,' she thought.

"Suzuhana-san," Koujiro walks up to her and smiled. "do you mind training with me for a bit?"

"Oh," Hinako smiles, turning her head towards her vice captain's direction. "sure. Juniyushi-senpai is, uh, occupied, all of a sudden."

Koujiro watches at the two who were chasing each other and stifles a mechanical laugh. "Really occupied."

The two of them walked outside, towards a spacious and grassy backyard that was connected to the dojo. Hinako wore her protective head armor and so did Koujiro. They wore their bogu properly, making it seem like it was an actual fight.