(Spring) Chapter 5

Original Published Date: May 29, 2016

Edited Date: December 4, 2017

April 11, 2016 - Morning

"Hello there, Suzuhana-san," Maria greets, waving her right hand lightly.

"Densetsu-senpai..."

At the school rooftop, Hinako and Maria were by the edge and looked down below where the club members are greeting the freshmen to join their club. Maria has a bottle of oolong tea in her hand while Hinako has a can of orange soda.

"It's quite lively today, isn't?" Maria asks as she happily looked over the students.

"Yes, it is," Hinako does the same. Then, she looks at her senior through the corner of her eyes. 'Densetsu-senpai asked me to talk with her all of a sudden. I wonder what she wants to talk about.'

Maria caught her underclassman looking at her, making Hinako jump back.

"M-My apologies, I didn't mean to pry," Hinako said defensively.

Maria laughs. "It's all right, Suzuhana-san. I must have scared you."

"Not really," Hinako regains her composure. "So, what are you going to talk to me about?"

"Oh, I almost forgot," Maria knocks her head playfully, tilting her head to the side. "I just want to introduce myself properly to you since we're in the student council."

"Oh, well, you already introduced yourself to me, senpai," Hinako replies.

"No, no," Maria waves her finger, left and right. "You only know me because of the ceremony earlier. I like to formally introduce myself."

"Oh, I understand your point," Hinako nods her head with firmly with a smile. "Then, please, by all means."

"Thank you," Maria, then, lifts her right hand for Hinako to shake. "My name is Densetsu Maria of Class 3-B. I'm already a graduating student, ready for college, so I might be busy from time to time. I am in your care, kouhai."

Hinako smiles and happily takes Maria's hand. "I'm Suzuhana Hinako of Class 1-A. I just recently moved here and I look forward to working with you in the student council. I am also in your care, senpai."

"Same here. Let us have a great school year together," the silver-headed senior said as she smiles brightly.

"I can't believe that I was chosen to represent the first years," Hinako said placing her elbows on the railings. "I'm still surprised, senpai, and it's only my second week here."

"Oh, that? Itsuka-kun told me that it'll be great if they have a representative for first years," Maria explains. "Most of the members of the student council are third years, so I think it'd be a good idea for a first year, like you, to be in it. Plus, it's good experience."

"But doesn't it look unfair for the others who really wanted to join the council?" Hinako worriedly asks, turning her head to look at the silver-headed senior.

Maria giggles a bit. "I thought of the same thing, kouhai. But,Itsuka-kun has his reasons and such!"

"And that is?" Hinako raises an eyebrow out of curiosity.

Maria grins. "It's a secret."

April 11, 2016 - Late Morning