(Spring) Chapter 4

Original Published Date: May 26, 2016

Edited Date: December 4, 2017

April 11, 2016 - Early Morning

It was a fresh start of another school week. Students happily walk on the sidewalks, going to Homurahara Gakuen. Among those students was Hinako, who has her long, brown hair tied up to a ponytail.

"Suzuhana-san~!" A cheery voice sounds.

"Hm?" Hinako stops walking, turning around to see Marie Kachuujou happily running towards her.

"Su-zu-ha-na-san!" Marie jumps and hugs Hinako with her might. "Good morning!"

"Good morning, Kachuujou-san," Hinako returns the greeting, patting her friend's back lightly. 'She does this to me everyday now. It's quite comforting.'

Marie climbs down from Hinako and looks at her, the obvious gold sparkles in her eyes. "Today, we get to choose our clubs! This is exciting! Are you excited?"

"Uh, I think?" Hinako blinks three times, giving Marie a wry smile.

"Oh, come on now! We're going to have a lot of fun! No classes for the whole day!" Marie grabs Hinako's hand and pulls her with her, walking to school. "And you putting your long hair into a ponytail is absolutely cute!"

"Thank you, Kachuujou-san," she replies, feeling fluffy inside.

The two walked to school together, hand-in-hand. After a few blocks of walking, they safely arrived at Homurahara Gakuen. They stumbled upon a colorful school facade.

"Wow! It's so colorful! It's like a festival!" Marie said as she clasps her hands together.

"Yeah, it is. It's only the second of week of school but it looks like they're already preparing for a cultural festival or something," Hinako comments, taking in the marvelous and colorful school.

The students belonging in higher years and members of different clubs are helping together put up stalls and decorate the school facade. It was pretty colorful and bright, and the perfect weather helps liven up the mood.

"Good morning, student," the PA sounded. "May I request everyone to gather at the school auditorium for the opening ceremony. Again..."

"Hurry, Suzuhana-san! Let's change our shoes and put our bags on our desks!"

"Yes!"

Hinako and Marie hurriedly rushed to the school building to change their shoes and ran towards their classroom to leave behind their bags.

Everyone was already inside the school auditorium and the doors were about to close.

"Hurry, Kachuujou-san!" Hinako grabs Marie's hand.

When they were near the auditorium, they saw that the doors were about to close.

"Wait, please!" Marie said.

Hinako sprints and grabs the door, stopping the person from fully closing it. "Made it."

The door opened and Hinako's eyes widened. It was Gil Douji.

"You?" Gil said in an irritated tone.

Hinako stood up properly and panted. "We apologize for being late," she bows her head respectfully.