(Spring) Chapter 10

Original Published Date: June 10, 2016

Edited Date: December 9, 2017

May 21, 2016 - Evening

"I was only in grade school that time and my mother lost her job. To make up for a mistake that I know she did not do, she needed to work harder than before," Hinako cried and cried. "She had no mercy towards my mother. She overworked herself... She died right in front of me...! I lost my family!"

"You lost your family?" Gil was confused about one person. "Then, what about your own father, huh? You keep talking about your mother but the world knows that you're not simply born from her!"

Hinako scoffs, looking to the side as she wipes her tears away. "My father, huh? I don't want to talk about that two-timing jerk after leaving us for another woman."

The golden-headed man's eyes widen, remembering something so similar within his memories that he doesn't want to be reminded of.

Hinako turns her head to look back at her senior, pulling up a sarcastic smile while tears still flow out from her eyes. "I have no mother, I have no father, and my grandparents are back at Karakura. All I have is myself in this city while you, Douji-senpai, still have your mother and Mushajou-sensei."

"Bou-sensei? What does this have to do with her?" Gil eyes at the woman in front of him.

"She's like a real mother to you, senpai," Hinako said, wiping away tears again. "Souji-san told me how your real mother doesn't seem like a real one at all, being the head of Fuyuki General Hospital."

"Nero-san did? But how?" Gil was surprised, not knowing where Nero would get such information.

"I am jealous of you, Douji-senpai," Hinako's fists were turning white from being clenched tightly. "You still have a mother, you have a little brother, and you even have Mushajou-sensei to care for you like she's actually your real mother. I am truly envious you because you still have their love ," she looks at the quiet senior with despair in her eyes.

Upon seeing Hinako's face, Gil can't help but feel heavily guilty. He looks down to his side and slowly clenches his fists, as well.

'The only reason why I'm like this is...' Gil thought.

Hinako bows her head. "I will be taking my leave. I am sorry for splashing water on your face and slapping you. I'll make sure that it doesn't happen again. I will also quit the student council and the kendo club so I won't be able to bother you anymore," she lifts her head, turns around, and runs away.

"Suzuhana, wait!" Gil said but she didn't hear him. "Suzu...hana..."

Hinako ran as fast as she could until she reached her small apartment home. She hurriedly opens the door and slammed it behind her. She panted heavily, tears still falling from her eyes. As she scans around her empty home, she can't help but feel empty and sad. She slid down on her back and fell on her knees, continuing on and on to cry.

Marie, Furin, Asura and Itsuka were waiting patiently for Gil and Hinako but they were uneasy about the situation. Nero was also beside them, worried for the two.

"They're taking too long. I better go find them," Itsuka said, standing up.

"Me, too," Asura also stands.

Then, the bell rings as the door opens to the shop. Gil came in with his head down. His spiky hair softened and was laid down, hiding his eyes.

"Douji-kun!" Itsuka approaches him, and so did Asura and Nero. "Where's Suzuhana-san?"