(Autumn) Chapter 32

This chapter is dedicated to hen333!

-

Original Published Date: September 26, 2016

Edited Date: February 10, 2018

October 8, 2016 - Morning

At the school auditorium, many students volunteered to decorate the stage for the play. While they were doing so, the foreign adviser of the Literature club, Sir William Shijin, heads the audition for the different roles of the play.

"No, no, no! That is not how Ishtar would act," said Sir William. "Have you not read her biography well?"

"U-Uh, I'm so sorry, Sir William!" said a student, whose voice was trembling after being berated by the foreign adviser like that.

Sir William releases a small sigh and said, "You can be in the play but you'll only act as one of Ishtar's loyal servants."

"T-Thank you, Sir William!" she bows her head before leaving.

"Next!"

"Will you quit laughing at me, Itsuka-senpai?!" An anime vein throbs on Gil's cheek in irritation. "I can smack this book on your face any time."

"I'd like to see you try, Douji-kun!" Itsuka loudly laughs. "Come on, lighten up! You're doing well, honestly. The role of Gilgamesh is perfect for you!"

"You don't have to tell me," he massages his temples. "The only thing that I'm worried about is the person who will play Enkidu. Damn, does it really have to be a love story?!"

"The school hasn't done a play in a long time and a love story at that! Everything will be fine," Itsuka approaches Gil and heavily pats his shoulder. "Why? Who would you rather play as Enkidu?"

Gil grabs his senior's heavy hand and lifts it off of his shoulder. "Anyone but Mabu, obviously. I really can't stand that woman."

"Is it still because of what happened last February?"

Gil lightly thumps the hard bound book on his president's forehead, earning a small gasp from the bearded man. "We don't have to go there."

Itsuka lightly rubs his forehead. "I know, I know. Then, would you like Asura-san to do the role? I can ask her and Shijin-sensei, if it'll make you more comfortable."

In that moment, Gil fell into silence. Mentioning Asura like that was like a landmine since he still holds some feelings to the golden-headed secretary of the Student Council. Although, he also holds conflicting feelings for someone. It's strange, for him. He wanted to move on now but he lacks closure. After all, Asura was the one who broke up in the first place.

"I'm here with the supplies you ordered," said a familiar voice.

Gil and Itsuka focuses their look at Hinako, who has just arrived from an early-opened supply store near the school. She carried at least three paper bags full of needed supplies for the stage decorations.