(Autumn) Chapter 35

Original Published Date: October 2016

Edited Date: February 13, 2018

October 18, 2016 - Late Morning

Asura was at the student council room, alone, sitting on one of the many vacant chairs that surrounds the meeting table. She has her head down, a sad face plastered on. In her thoughts, all she could ever think about was that day when Gil walked out of the room after she confronted him about his feelings for Hinako. Somewhere, deep in her heart, she was jealous but why would she? It was her who broke up in the first place.

It was a school event, a Valentine's day event. Many students received chocolates, flowers, and letters, either for friendship or for love. Asura, for the first time in her life, was excited to give out the handmade chocolates she made for Gil. It was placed in a heart-shaped red box with a yellow ribbon wrapped over it. She spent her time making them, filled with happiness and love.

"Happy Valentine's day, Gil-darling!" A familiar voice said.

Asura was walking around the school to find Gil. She was on the first floor hallway, walking towards the students' lockers. When she finally got to the spacious area, her eyes widened and a despair-stricken look on her face surfaced. The box full of chocolates dropped onto the floor and somehow, the contents spilled.

"Oh?" Mabu saw Asura from the corner of her eyes. She pulled herself away from Gil and made a devilish smirk. "Hello, Souji-senpai. Quite a day, isn't it? It's full of," she licks her lips. "love."

Asura grits her teeth and clenches her fist upon remembering that day. It broke her heart and shattered her into a million pieces. She was angry at Mabu for doing such an unforgivable thing. All this time, throughout the school year, she kept her anger to herself because showing such emotions on a personal matter will make her look bad as the secretary of the student council. Deep inside of Asura, she wanted to take back the words she unconsciously let go to Gil.

"I'm sorry, Gil-san," Asura said, not being her usual self. "I don't think this relationship will work. I feel hurt and at the same time, I'm angry!"

Asura lowers her head and clenches her fists. She tries to hold herself together as she hesitates to let go of the words she wished she didn't want to let go. Two sides her fought intensely and in the end, the negative side of her won.

Asura lifts her head and plainly stares into Gil's eyes. "I have to break up with you. I'm sorry."

The North door to the student council room suddenly opens and it was enough to knock Asura out of her stupor. She looks to her right and was caught in her throat as she saw Mabu enter, wearing a maid outfit. Class 2-A's shop was a maid cafe shop, rivaling with Class 1-A's cosplay cafe shop.

"Himeji-san?" Asura asks.

Mabu smiles as she finally found Asura. "There you are, Souji-senpai! I've been looking for you everywhere!"

Asura turns serious, unsure of what Mabu's intentions are towards her. "Why would you be looking for me?"

"Heh," Mabu closes the door behind her, keeping the conversation between her and her senior. "I just wanted to check up on your emotional well-being, senpai."