A Waste Of Space? (Blitzstone One-Shot)

One-shot request for ForbiddenLoveMxM1 and OfficialBookOwl

Hearthstone felt the sun's energy coming back away ever so slowly as it peeked out of the crook of the small valleys. It was still barely visible because of the buildings crowding the landscape. It was still cold, unfortunately for the elf. Hearthstone tried gathered his legs up on the bench, trying to gain warmth, and closed his eyes. He tried to imagine a beautiful, warm light burning in his mind. His imagination receded as soon as a strong vibration buzzed through the rusty bench. Hearth sprung up, as if a shock had gone through his spine. He then gathered up a small smile, realizing that it must be Blitzen. Hearth was about to sign him the question as to why he had been so late to switch places with him. Was Magnus okay? Was Blitzen, himself, okay? Hearth's smile shattered as two gruff men appeared in front of him.

This couldn't be happening, Hearth knew that he should always keep his eyes open on the streets, no matter what. Instead, he had let himself close his eyes for a brief second and attract a couple of beefy hoodlums catch him alone on a park bench. He backed away without looking, then unknowingly stumbled on a nearby rock.

He didn't need to have hearing to know what would happen next. A scruffy shoe connected with his skull, sending a jolt through Hearthstone, making him wince. It want anything new, Hearthstone thought bitterly, remembering the dreadful day his parents banished him from their dwelling. He instinctively reached for his runestones, but didn't feel them in his leather jacket's pocket.

Crap.

Hearthstone turned around weakly, his hand covering his face in defense. The ruffians had his sack of runestones, and now were snickering with their caterpillar mustaches wiggling across the top of their mouths. Hearth made out the words "Pathetic" and "Useless" beneath their lousy facial hair.

A memory flashed through his mind, stopping him from reaching out and kicking them away from his magical runes. His drunk mother beating him with a broomstick, still wobbly from the side affects of her being the most spoiled elf in his neighborhood.

"You, you ugly waste of space..you should have died instead of your handsome young brother!" She said with her mouth over-enunciating her words, as if trying to mock Hearth's lack of hearing. She wobbled back a foot, the alcohol finding its way into her bloodstream. "I bet you can't even decipher a word I'm saying! Oh, look, the little thing's crying, how pathetic," Hearth remained standing in the same position, silent green tears crashing down his pale face.

The memory faded as quickly as it had arrived. A runestone crashed on his head, then bounced away. Hearth tried to gather his stones as swiftly as he could, then ducked a punch from the taller blonde hood. He attempted to make a run for it, but instantly found out his ankle had been twisted as a sharp pain shot through his ankle. Hearthstone shook with rage and irritantance.

He was better than this. He could prove his mother wrong. He wasn't a waste of space, was he? A black, dark feeling shrouded Hearth's mind—rage, grief, and yearning for acceptance.

He clenched his fist and aimed it at one of the men. The blonde crumpled to the ground in a heap, holding a bloody, possibly broken, nose.

The hood muttered something, probably a string of curses, then got up, and stuck up both middle fingers as he shoved his companion aside. They both stomped away abruptly, as the elf felt his fight fuel draining away second by second.

Bloody and bruised, Hearth stood, as he saw Blitz running towards him. His friend's eyes were bloodshot and tired. Without a word or sign, Blitz enveloped Hearth in a large hug and buried his head into his chest.

Hearth smiled to himself and hugged back. Blitz eventually took a step back and assessed Hearth with concern and disdain.

Blitz looked into Hearth's eyes, rage blooming in the dwarf. Blitzen hastily signed, Who did this?

Hearth shook his head and explained that it wasn't a big deal. Blitz shook his head, and looked down at his own feet.

It's my fault, I should have came earlier. I'm so sorry Hearthstone, Blitz signed.

Hearth shook his head and raised his hands up ready to sign back, but Blitz stopped him by enveloping Hearth's hands with his own.

"I love you, you know that, Hearth, I could've stopped those bastards from even thinking about hurting you in the first place, I—" Blitz hesitated, then stood up on the tips of his toes and placed a kiss on Hearth's cheek, "Let's get you cleaned up,"

Hearth blushed a bright green, then followed Blitzen through the streets, morning light filling the atmosphere.

    A surge of hope lit him up, maybe he wasn't just a waste of space after all. 

Hope it's not too bad! -Messy