"In Which Sam Tries Not To Screw Up a Date With Amir,"

"I have important business to attend to," Samirah stated, a light blush settling on her cheeks, as she pushed past Magnus.

Magnus snorted, and folded his arms, "Sure, you definitely have 'important business' to attend to." He twirled a strand of his curtain of dirty blonde hair, now hanging to his shoulders, "I bet you're just going to meet up with your betrothed, Amir, and makeout with him and—" Magnus was interrupted with a harder shove from Sam, and a nasty glare on the side.

"Say that again, and I might just have to rip your vocal cords out," Sam countered, then continued her fast pace towards the Fadlan's falafel restaurant. Magnus huffed behind her, and kept throwing sarcastic comments at her. Sam learned to deflect them by simply ignoring him.

What would Amir think if she was late to her date? She might as well have punched him in the gut and told him that she wasn't interested in him. Sam winced at the thought of Amir getting hurt, especially that dorky little smile he always pulled on her. Now that Magnus mentioned actually kissing him...wait, no...no! What was she even thinking about? If the Fadlans found out that the innocent girl his son was going to marry was smooching on him before they even went on their third date—that would not be good for Sam. Sam was stopped abruptly as Magnus made her way in front of her and shook his hands in front of her face.

"Look, Sam, I'm sorry about teasing you, just stop ignoring me," Magnus whined, followed by an exaggerated pout.

Sam rolled her eyes and smiled, "Wow, Magnus, such the attention hog today, aren't you?" Magnus raised an eyebrow, and protested.

"I'm not an attention hog, I'm just bored. T.J.'s busy on a special assignment from his dad or something, Mallory and Halfborn are probably bickering, and Blitz and Hearth are who knows where," Magnus paused to take a breath, then smirked, "Oh poor me, I can't get any dear sibling love from you because you sent all your love in a cheesy Valentine's card, to your boyfriend—oof!" Magnus was interrupted by a punch to the stomach.

An old man stared at them behind his newspaper, and Samirah smiled back forcefully and ruffled Magnus's hair to make sure that she wouldn't get reported as hurting a dead kid. That would be a oh-so-pathetic thing to go to jail for.

"Magnus?" Sam forced an extra cheery smile to settle on her lips as the man looked back down at his newspaper.

Magnus fixed his hair and eyed the old man. "Yes?" he started uncertainly.

"Please shut up," Sam said. When they were out of sight from any passerby, Sam stopped walking, causing Magnus to do the same.

"Magnus, I know you wanted to spend some 'bro-time' like you put it and discuss how you've been in Valhalla and all, but this date with Amir is really important to me. And..and..I really do not want to screw it up."

Magnus's stormy grey eyes took skimmed over her, causing Sam to shuffle uncomfortably. Magnus sure knew how to make a person feel like they're under interrogation in a few seconds. He nodded sincerely, and his expression turned absurdly serious.

"Well Miss Al-Abbas, I am a major expert on the topic of screwing up," Magnus intertwined his hands in a business like manner, "Let me see how I can assist you ever so gracefully on avoiding screwing up,"

Sam smiled warmly, easing herself into the act, "And how should I benefit from your kind advice, Mr. Chase, hmm?"

"First of all," Magnus paused and knit his eyebrows, "Be a good talker, and Mr. Fadlan should be a good listener. Second, blush a lot, I bet he'd like that. Heck, maybe he'll even kiss you," Sam blushed a bright red at the thought.

"See? Exactly like that Miss Al-Abbas; glad to see you're practicing," Magnus gazed up at the clear sky, the sun bouncing off him, "Third of all, tell him to f-off if he's rude to you," Magnus nodded solemnly as he listed off the his last tip.

Sam snorted, "Thank you, Mr. Chase," she said, "I feel so much more at ease now that I have these golden nuggets of advice," Samirah wouldn't every admit it directly to Magnus, but she actually did feel less anxious about the date.

"Anytime Al-Abbas," Magnus turned around inspecting his surroundings, then put shoved his hands in his jean pockets awkwardly, as well as silently. Samirah noted that his burst of energy had died down, and he was back to his usual calculating, yet mischievous stance.

Samirah suddenly remembered the poster she had snatched off at her highschool's news board, and snatched it out from her backpack. It was crumpled, but not too badly damaged. Sam smiled, "For you,"

He eyed the paper, "For me? Oh dear sister, you shouldn't have," Magnus scanned the paper, his eyes lighting up with an emotion she couldn't decipher. A silence came upon them.

"I thought you might like it, since you and your mom used to go on hikes and stuff," Sam noticed the tears shining in Magnus's eyes, "Oh, uh, sorry, I didn't think—"

Magnus shook his head and blinked away whatever liquid was left in his eyes, "No, it's fine, it just..it just reminds me of her," He smiled, "Thanks, Sam, now go get him,"

Sam hesitated, but knew that Magnus needed his time alone. Maybe he could even make some non-dead friends. Oh gods, she was turning into a mom.  Sam shook away the terrifying thought and made her way to 'Fadlan's Falafel'.

    A/N: I actually wrote nearly a thousand words. Well, actually a thousand words if you count the author's note, but not the point. This turned out to be more of a Magnus and Sam bromance chapter, but we'll see more Amir in part two of this train wreck. This stpry was suggested by OfficialBookOwl . So thank you for suggesting it! And last of all, thank you readers for getting this book to 1.8k!

-Messy

P.S. Don't tell my language arts teacher that I started both of those two previous sentences with 'and' and 'so'. (Dam you grammar..)