"It Was Quick Thinking!" (A Blitzstone one-shot)

Here's your hiding PDA Blitzstone one-shot for whoever asked for it! (I'm too lazy to go back and check at this point.) Enjoy!

Blitzen groaned as he faced the sight that lay before him. Magnus was curled up on the bench, clutching his growling stomach, while tears stream down his clenched shut eyes. A soft nudge to his back alerts him, Hearth stands in front of him, his hands spread out in question.

Why are you out this early? It's already nine. Hearth signs quickly, his sunken eyes showing that he wasn't having a better day then the rest of them. Blitzen didn't respond, and turned back to Magnus, frustrating Hearth even more. What was Blitzen looking at?

Hearth turned, and spotted Magnus. His eyes widen in concern, then turn back to Blitz in rage. Why aren't you comforting him? You can't just stand there and look!

Blitzen grimaces, this is why he didn't want Hearth catching him at this hour. He grabs his partner by the elbow, and tugs him back. Hearth flushes a pale green, from anger or embarrassment, Blitzen couldn't tell.

"Capo's orders, we can't do that. He says that this'll make Magnus 'mentally' stronger," Blitz repeats their order to Hearth, bitterly exaggerating the word 'mentally'.

As Blitz expected, Hearth fumed, then scurried over to Magnus. He patted the young teen's head tenderly, as Magnus curled up even more.

      Blitz rolled his eyes, then smiled thinly. Capo couldn't have been that strict on his orders, could he? He made his way over to the bench, and sat across Hearth. He didn't touch Magnus, or use any of the tender gestures Hearth did. (His 'mother goose side', as Blitz liked to call Hearth during situations like this.) Blitzen just stared stonily ahead, and watched warily for any monsters in out on the streets. Dealing with one more of those awful Lindworms that escaped Jormungandr was true pain in the ass—and a danger when Magnus was with them.

Hearthstone glanced at Blitzen, then after a moment of hesitation, he signed, He's only fourteen, a small boy, he shouldn't be going through this.

Blitzen was about to scoff, Magnus, a small boy? The kid towered a foot above him. Also, future heroes shouldn't be called 'small boy's. He thought against retorting back, and reached over Magnus to rest his palm over Hearth. The dwarf gave the elf a comforting smile of his own. Internally, a set of fireworks exploded within Blitz when he felt Hearth's soft fingers underneath his—but Blitz tried not to show it. That wasn't how a grown dwarf should act. Hearth cheeks tinged green, like a cheesy schoolgirl in one of those elf movies Hearth made him watch. He tried his best not to laugh, but he couldn't control himself at this point. Blitzen started with a small chortle, then followed with a fit of laughter.

Hearth huffed, then took his hand away, his boyfriend could be immature beyond belief at times. But of course, Hearth could also be immature beyond belief too, so he thought against scolding him and smiled silently. Blitz finally calmed down, and was wiping tears from his eyes. Hearth took this as 'the' time and tilted his head forward to peck him on the lips. Blitzen's dark cheeks were the ones to flush this time, making Hearth let out a giggle of his own. By the time their foreheads were close enough to 'go for it', they were breaking out in serious fits of laughter.

It took another few minutes for them to finally settle down. Hearth shut his eyes, and closed the gap between them. A sudden voice below them jolted both of the lovebirds like an electric shock.

"Uhm, I'll just slide between you two, and give you both some privacy or something..." Magnus mumbled in embarrassment as he stared at his 'surrogate parents'.

Blitz cursed, and started to explain, "Kid, it's not what it looks li—HEARTH!"

Hearth slammed his fist against the back of Magnus's head. Magnus's eyes rolled back as he slumped down in the bench. Blitz gaped at him.

It was quick thinking! A flustered Hearth signed in defense. Blitzen smacked his forehead, and took a deep breath. They would have quite a bit of explaining to do when Magnus woke up.