Why Have The Fates Made Magnus so Oblivious? (imagine)

Magnus x Reader suggested by ashercat (gender-neutral pronouns, Y/N for your name. AU where Valkyrie's can be male too, I guess. Random other insert stuff included in parentheses b/c I don't know schist about writing imagines.)

You were a renowned Valkyrie, and even though people saw you as a closed-off emotionless introvert, you were still widely respected. There was one adamant question in your mind, though: if all these facts were true—how were you falling for an oblivious blonde sixteen year-old?

It all started the day he came. Magnus was being guided by your former best-friend, Gunilla. Gunilla—just thinking about her name pains you. A flash of memories surround you. You remember when you were two years old, and clasping Gunilla's hand joyfully.

She would hold you tight during thunderstorms and mumble that everything would be alright in your ear. Those days had past. Your close friendship with her broke off as soon as soon as that son of Loki, Logan arrived. You can still remember the tears rolling down her face  crying to you saying, "I'm sorry, Y/N, you were right. You were right all along."

You dismiss the sickening thought and struggle for a sturdy breath. In, out. In, out. In, out. Enough; you were on serving duty. You had to keep a strong face on, no one cared about your little pity party. Someone tapped you on the shoulder.

"Hello? Earth to scary Valkyrie?" Someone waved at you. Then it hits you: that someone is Magnus Chase. Your luck is as good as a school girl in a cheesy movie.

"Huh?" You replied immediately.

"You've been glaring at my mashed potatoes for the past few minutes. It's a bit unnerving seeing someone having an internal dialogue with my food." Magnus scratched the back of his head. Was he embarrassed? "I mean, I'm not one to talk, because I have conversations with my sword in my head a lot."

He was definitely nervous. The poor boy was blushing, and rambling. As a Valkyrie, you found it as your duty to save the kid from making more of a fool of himself.

"I get it. I'm sorry for possibly threatening your food, right before you were going to swallow it down your esophagus." You say blatantly, not giving him any signs that you were being sarcastic. It was quite amusing to be honest.

"Uh, right..." Magnus looked at you, like he was expecting something.

"What?" Oh, he was looking for a name. "Y/N, at your service."

"Well, Y/N, I'm Magnus Chase, at your service as well? I guess?"

You raised an eyebrow. It was cute when he was awkward. "Here," You gestured at his hand.

Magnus stared at it. You rolled your eyes in response. "You died this year, yeah?"

"Yes...?" Magnus started back at you, uncertainty.

"Then hand me your hand, you dork," Maybe he didn't entirely get the wording of your sentence, or you were being too blunt. With your fortune, it was probably both reasons.

You sighed, silently asking the Fates why this boy was so oblivious. "Just do it, Magnus." That broke the ice for some reason, though you couldn't fathom why. Memes? Probably. Magnus cracks a smile.

"Okay..." He says as you hold his palm in yours. It's surprisingly warm and soft for an einherjar. You grab your pen that sat right next to your sword. (Hey, don't judge. Pens are much more powerful than any other sword.)

You click it open and scribble your number on his hand. Magnus squirms as you do so. Ticklish much?

"There." You say as you finish and click the pen again to close it, "Call me sometime, when you're not scrambling around and saving the world."

Magnus stared at you for a beat too long, and you let out a small laugh—the first laugh you had for sometime, actually.

"You're staring at me as if I drew the illuminati symbol on your palm." You look around, dinner's almost over, "Shoot. I have to go. Talk to you soon, hopefully,"

You walk away, the weight of Gunilla's death pulled you down a little less today. You smile to yourself, ignoring the 'oohing' of the einherjar in the crowded dining area.

Magnus's POV:

Did I just get a number from a really fucking hot Valkyrie?

((Oops one cuss word. I had to ahahaahah—I bet the expression on Magnus's face is priceless. Hope you guys enjoyed it!))

Side note: tf??? how are we at 10.8k already?? you guys are too amazing??