Chapter 2- Restrictions

"Oh." Flowey says calmly.

"Well you know the rest, I've been here for what? A year now?"

"Something like that..."

Tonight, you and Flowey had another 2 am deep talk session. It was kinda regular. Mostly, it would be you talking about how you felt about things; opinions really.

Flowey had asked you what had happened on the surface, what your story was.

You were surprised at first- During the time you had been in the ruins, living with Toriel and him, he never asked about the surface.

Guess mum told him not too.

A silence fills the air. It's late at night and you're sitting on your bed not able to sleep.

"Y/N?"

"Yeah Flowey?"

"Why didn't you tell me this before? I could of helped you, mum could of helped you. All this time you've been holding this in."

You think for a second, then you decide to tell the truth.

"I didn't want you to feel sorry for me. If I told you, you might have only become my friend out of pity. I didn't want that."

Flowey lets out another oh.

You liked these late night talks with Flowey. It helped you get through a lot. He would just listen and say oh.

Flowey was like a best friend to you.

"Hey Y/N, you better get some sleep. It's getting kinda late." Flowey says yawning.

"Alright sleepy head."

Flowey chuckles and makes himself comfortable in his small ceramic pot.

You tuck yourself in bed, feeling the warmth of the clean sheets.

How life has changed for you...

You fell asleep sooner than you thought.

--------------------------------------------------

You wake up to Flowey jumping on my bed.

"Y/N, get up! Mum made cinnamon pancakes!"

You live for cinnamon pancakes.

You immediately shoot up from the bed. You throw the covers off, and walk over to your sock drawer.

"Fluffy F/C socks today, good choice!" Flowey says from the floor sarcastically. That may have been you when you threw the covers off.

"Oh my god, Flowey are you okay?" You say giggling. His face is slightly squashed by the pot having landed in the way it did. There's bits of dirt scattered around him too.

"Yeah, yeah." He mumbles grumpily.

"Hey, remember cinnamon pancakes? With whipped cream, strawberries and chocolate?"

"Oh my gawd, yassssss!" Flowey says, his mood changing quickly.

"Come on then!" You say as you open the door while Flowey picks himself up and brushes the dirt off his stem.

"Wait up!"

"Come on Flowey!" You were standing in the corridor at this point.