Chapter 12- Vunrable Eyes

You didn't return to Snowdin at ungodly hours.

You waited.

The morning of your leave came round soon enough.

You just lay in bed. Still waiting.

You felt slightly scared, not because your race was being hunted down, but there was a thought that kept going through your head.

What if you do talk to Sans?

When he said 'I don't know what you saw about me' was all that stuff real?

Had he once loved you? But then something with Frisk had happened making you do some sort of reset and when that happened Sans magic became a part of you.

That's why you have the same magic.

You had been thinking long and hard and this was your final solution.

The pieces that you had so far fitted, but there were still some things missing from the big jigsaw.

And you were going to find out.

How?

That was part of the problem.

Sans seemed to know more than he was letting on, and you wanted to find out.

That brings you back to the first question.

What if you do talk to Sans?

You sigh before making an effort to get up and get dressed.

The night before you were supposed to pack your bag, but due to procrastination that wasn't happening.

You roam around your room before realising that your bag was still in Snowdin.

You mentally slap yourself. That's the second time you've left it there.

Good thing everything you needed was in there.

Once last look in the mirror and you were out and making your way down the basement.

Toriel said she would be waiting at the basement door.

The familiar sound of Floweys hopping became audible.

"Hey Flowey." You say sadly.

"Hey, don't be glum! I'm still visiting remember?" He says making an effort to cheer you up.

You smile feeling slightly better.

Both of you keep walking until you reach the door with Toriel standing in front of it.

She looks depressed almost. The way you used to look back on the surface.

"Hello my Child." She says. Her voice is slightly strained.

You run up to her and give her a warm hug.

She's tense at first, but then her body eases as she hugs you back.

"I'll be okay Mum." You reassure her.

She smiles knowing that your old enough to go out and live.

"I know you will, however just know that once you leave you can't come back." Her expression turns sad as she looks to the floor.

"As I said, I'll be okay." You say once again. It brings a smile to her face.

She hugs you harder before saying into your hair, "Be careful out there."