Chapter 33- The Same

My dimly lit surroundings make me sleepy as I take another sip from my drink.

Grillby gives me a disapproving look as I begin to light my cigarette.

"What? There's no one here." I snap angrily.

Grillby, used to my rude attitude, just shakes his head as he gets back to wiping down the counter.

The clock reads 1:54 am and my tongue is no longer enjoying the taste of the alcohol.

I've been here for 15 minutes, how am I sick of it already?

My mind is spinning, all I can think about is Y/N. I'm pissed more than anything, but I really want back what we had.

I try to chug down the rest of my drink, but the back of my throat burns at its touch.

"I'm going h-home." I splutter and Grillby just looks at me with a confused look.
"Sorry, I think it's best if I just go to bed tonight instead of drinking my problems away." I say more to myself than Grillby.

I make my way out, forgetting that I need to pay Grillby.

Ah, he'll put in on my tab.

The streets are grey and cold, just the way I like it. My eyes feel droopy and I really want is to go to bed.

I reach the front door and open it finding the lights switched on and Papy right in front of me.

"Papy, why are you up? It's 2am." I say confused and sleepily.

"THE HUMAN CAM-"

"The human?" I look straight towards the sofa, where Y/N and Frisk were.

Frisks legs was slightly brushing against Y/N's and I couldn't help but feel jealous.

"Y/N what are you doing here?" I ask seriously.

When did she get here?

Why the hell even is she here?

I told her not to come back.

I yas ew llik reh

"I erm, left my bag and erm I took your coat and hah..." She says in a really fast and adorable way.

She stops, realising something, then opening her mouth to speak again.

"Hey, how do you know my name? I never told you or Papyrus. I've only just told Frisk." She eyes me carefully.

I fucked up.

Crap, crap, crap.

I don't look at her as my eyes dart around the room.

"Your bag is in Papyrus' room. I suggest you go get it and leave." I say in a monotone voice, completely avoiding her question.

I just want her to leave, it would make things 10 times better for me. Just as I was starting to forget her, she comes back out of the blue.

That's not very fair.

"I asked you a question." She says boldly. She sounded annoyed too.

I watched as she stood up, her fists in balls beside her waist.

ehs t'nseod llet uoy tahw ot od

"And I told you something yesterday kitten. Come. Back. If. You. Dare. And yet, you're still here." I can feel myself become angry as a scowl appears on my face and my left eye turns yellow.

"SANS, I DO NOT THINK THIS IS THE BEST WAY TO RESOLVE THINGS." Papyrus says in the background as we both eye each other.

My eye stops flickering as I turns to face Papyrus.