Chapter 18- Papy's Past

You wake up alone on the green sofa.

"Sleep well?" Frisk says from the bottom of the stairs.

You were still half asleep and you're eyes were half closed.

"Mmhm." You mumble.

You sit up straight and rub your eyes. Frisk just chuckles in the background.

"I don't know how you gonna get to sleep now, it's 8pm." Frisk says as he makes his way to the kitchen. You hear the fridge door open.

"8pm huh?" You say to yourself.

"What was that?" Frisk says from the kitchen. His voice slightly echoes.

"Nothing." You say as you swat your hands.

Papyrus walks down the stairs in his pyjamas.

"HUMAN! IT'S TIME FOR MY BEDTIME STORY!" Papyrus says excitedly.

You smile.

"I'll be right there. Go ahead." You say to him as you swing your legs of the sofa.

"OKAY HUMAN!"

You can hear Papyrus' footsteps as he goes back up the stairs.

Frisk enters the room as you stand up. You briefly stretch then make your way up the stairs.

"Don't get too into the story." Frisk says jokingly. He's eating a strawberry yogurt.

You shake your head as you let out a small giggle.

-------------------------------------------------

The light on Papyrus' bedside table illuminates his room.

"You ready?" You say as you sit down on his bed whilst clutching the bedtime story.

"YES I AM HUMAN!"

"Alright then." You say as you open the book. "Once upon a time, there was a monster called bunny. He was extremely fluffy."

"OOOH, I LOVE FLUFFY BUNNIES!" Papyrus exclaims as he kicks his legs lightly under the covers.

You giggle lightly and continue to read.

"When people were sad, they would find bunny and cuddle him. After, that person would become very happy."

"THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS ALWAYS HAPPY!"

"I'm sure you are!" You say.

"Well apart from when I was much younger..." Papyrus' voice is much quieter now. It seems as if he's trying to suppress his thoughts.

His eyes dart around the room as he looks for something to distract himself with.

"A-are you okay?" You ask. Your voice drips with concern. You weren't sure wether it was a good idea to ask.

"No. I'm not okay human." Papyrus says honestly as he slumps his weight down.

"Do you wanna... talk about it?" You ask carefully.

"For you human, I will.

When me and my brother were younger, our father... he wasn't a nice person." Papyrus carefully picks his words. You can feel the sadness radiating off him.