Chapter 7- History Lesson

You stare at the floor, not wanting anyone to ask questions - you probably didn't even know the answers yourself.

"Is this a good time for me to leave?" Your index finger is pointing towards the door.

Everyone looks at you as if you just said 1+1 is 1. You awkwardly scratch your neck, not really sure what to do.

"You can stay the night if you want." Frisk says breaking the awkwardness. Sans sends him a death glare. Frisk simply ignores it, paying attention to you.

"I can't, Toriel will do something crazy if I don't go back." You say honestly. 

Frisk eyes widen at the sound of the word 'Toriel'.

"Er- how about I take you to the gate then? Come on, let's get moving." Frisk says as he stands up and makes his way to the front door.

Sans opens his mouth to say something, but instantly closes it. He doesn't dare look at either you, or Frisk.

"WILL YOU COME TOMORROW?" Papyrus shouts from the front door. You and Frisk were already making your way back to the Ruins.

"Of course I will! You'll have to give me more of your spaghetti!" You shout back.

"DID YOU HEAR THAT SANS? THE HUMAN LIKES MY SPAGHETTI!" Is the last thing you hear from Papyrus as his front door closes.

"Y/N?" Frisk say quietly. You look to face him. His head is hung low, his hands in his jean pockets. Something was bugging him.

"What's up Frisk?" You say concerned.

He lifts his head up and looks at you.

"I used to live with Toriel. I was the eighth human to fall down here."

"Eight? I thought there was only seven." You say confused. Had Flowey lied to you?

"No. Seven is the amount of souls that Asgores needs to collect."

"Souls?" This was all new to you.

Frisk look at you in slight awe. "You don't know anything about this place, do you?"

Realisation hit you. You had no idea about anything.

You shake your head in embarrassment.

"Well there's still a long while until we get to the door, you can explain somethings to me, right?" You say hoping to get some answers.

"Well I'll start from when I fell down here.

When I was about 13 I fell into the underground. I wasn't erm, too happy with myself. I jumped off with intentions of dying. But I didn't. I was given a second chance in life.

Soon after Toriel found me and took me in. Although Toriel looked after me, she wasn't always at home. As caretaker of the Ruins, she was always checking up on things, making sure everything was okay. She just gave me love, food and shelter really...

I got bored. There was no one to talk to, nothing to do. I was lonelier than ever.

Toriel told me not to ever go down to the basement. She said it wasn't safe.

About a year later I asked how to leave the Ruins. She said that she had something that she needed to do.

I followed her. She went down into the basement. She told me to go back to my room. She wanted to destroy the door.

She said that if I went on, ASGORE would take my soul. He would use it to carry on his plan for the kingdom.

She said that if I wanted to get passed, I had to prove to her that I was strong enough.