Chapter 31- Red

The rest of the day was rather slow, as we were all pretty anxious about what the King would say.

I decided it was best for us all to go to bed early seeing as we would have to wake up before everyone else.

Frisk was already in my bed and as I was about to switch off the light, he asked if I could sleep with him again.

I agreed and made myself comfortable, once again with Frisk wrapping his arms around me.

"Sans?" Frisk asks, his voice muffled by the fabric of my shirt.

"Yeah?"

"What's my soul?"

I wasn't surprised hearing this, Frisk had always been curious.

"It's basically the very accumulation of your being. Without it, you're dead." I explain.

I can feel Frisk nod against me, meaning that he's paying attention.

"Can I look at it? Where is it?" Frisk questions me as he's seems to be interested in all this soul stuff.

"Well, depending on your mood or how you feel, you can take out your soul. No one knows where your soul is." I answer.

It's peaceful, just laying down next to Frisk. As to why he's still hugging me, I don't know the reason, but I don't mind. So long as he's happy, I'm happy.

"Can I see my soul? Can I see y-yours?"

My eyes widen.

If he wants to see his soul, he has to be in some sort of vulnerable situation.

"I-I'll show you your soul, just don't freak out okay?" I look over to Frisk, who now has determination gleaming in his eyes.

I bring my face closer to his cheek and let out a breath. Frisks face goes red. My arms wraps around him as I bring him closer to my body.

Frisk breath hitches as I move my mouth to his jawline. I allow my hot breath to escape my mouth as it hits Frisk skin.

"S-sans?"

"Just go with it." I whisper in his ear.

My hot breath travels down to his neck as it tickles his soft skin.

A few seconds later, Frisk soul pops up in front of him.

That was way too easy...

I pull away as I watch Frisk turn red in embarrassment. He sits up and keeps his eyes on the bedsheets, not wanting to acknowledge what just happened.

I don't really feel anything other than friendship towards Frisk, and I think I just gave him the wrong idea.

Oh well.

"Your soul is red." I point out trying to make it a little less awkward.

He looks up at his soul, which was now floating in front of him.

His soul illuminates the room, making my grey walls a light shade of red.

"Can I touch it?" He asks quietly, his hand slightly reaching out.

I scratch my neck, "You might wanna do that another time..."

"Why? Will something bad happen?" Frisks looks over to me with a confused expression. He's really interested.

"Nothing bad will happen its just-"

I couldn't prevent what happened next as Frisk grabs his soul cutting me off.