Chapter 9- The Promise

Your thoughts....

Wow, what's even going on.

It's too much.

You shake you head. If go anymore deeper into this, you know it's not gonna turn out well.

Just like the old days.

You shiver, wanting to suppress your thoughts.

Slowly you get up and take a deep breath.

There's a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" You say, turning your head to face the door.

"M-my Child, can I come in?" It was Toriels voice. She sounded upset.

You hadn't heard from her in three days.

"Y-yeah, sure." You didn't know what she was going to say.

Did she know?

The door handle turns, causing it to making a click sound. It widens and you can see Toriels face.

She looks tired. Her expression is gloomy as she looks to the floor.

She shuffles towards you slightly. Her eyes dodge around the room as she does everything she can not to look directly at you.

She then sighs and takes a deep breath. Doing her best, she looks up at you with a shaky smile.

"I would like to apologise." She says honestly.

You mouth trembles slightly. She didn't  need to apologise- she didn't do anything wrong.

It's should be you apologising, you broke a rule that was never to be broken.

"In 4 days you will be 18. You will be old enough to take responsibility of your own life. I have to understand that if you want to carry on in life, I should let you." She says making eye contact with you.

Did this mean that you could...?

"On the morning on your 18th birthday, I'll let you go to the basement." She says sadly.

You couldn't hide your happiness.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" You say running up to her to give her a hug. She excepts it and embraces your small body.

She lets goes and says, "Go on my Child, get dressed. Breakfast will be waiting for you on the table."

She pets your head before turning around and walking out the room, closing the door behind her.

You quickly get changed and walk out into the corridor. The smell of toast fills your nose. You walk on and sit down at the dining table.

Flowey was already finishing his round of toast. Your plate was in front of you with four slices of fresh, plain toast waiting for you.

"Howdy, Y/N!" Flowey says as he eats his last piece of toast.

"Hey. Where's mum?" She wasn't at the table.

"She's in the kitchen washing dishes. Did she tell you?" He says the part while raising an eyebrow.

"About letting me go?"

"I guess she did then." Flowey says rather sadly.

You think for a second, then grab the F/Spread.

"Will you be allowed to come?" You ask.

"I dunno. I can't leave mum here..."

"You can at least visit, r-right?" You say not wanting to lose your best friend.

"I will! Don't worry, you need to live a life and explore and clique stuff like that."

You take a bite out of the first piece of toast.

"Thanks for understanding Flowey. I'll come back and visit here too."

"Erm..." Flowey says looking to the floor.

"What's wrong?" You ask, placing the piece of toast back on the plate.

"I don't think you can come back once you leave..." Flowey says awkwardly.

"Oh." A knot forms in your stomach. Decisions, decisions.

You didn't feel to good. Memories flood back into your mind. Guess you couldn't suppress your thoughts.

This is what happens when you overthink. You become a ball of stress and anxiety takes of you.

Over the passed few days, so much information has been given to you.

You came here to run away from your problems, but somehow it hasn't done anything.

Now you had to make yet another decision. To stay or leave.

You lose your appetite.

"Are you okay? You look kinda pale..." Flowey says cutting you from your thoughts.

"I n-need to go." You say say as you pick yourself from the chair.

At a fast pace, you walk out the house and into the courtyard.

Walls everywhere.

Are they closing in?

Or is it just an illusion?

Maybe it's all an illusion.

You drop to the floor and huddle yourself into a small ball.

You rock back and forth saying,

"It's gonna get better."

A/N: Here ya gooo!

Okay and what? It's the second week of this book (I think) and it's already has over 600 views?

Thank youuuuu!

-sansisnotonfire 😆❤️