Chapter 17- Napping

"Sorry for erm- spacing out."

You were apologising to Frisk for earlier. You couldn't help but get lost in the different features of the monsters.

Scratching your head, you sit down on the couch.

"Hey it's okay, I get distracted too." He says with a smirk.

"Oh really? Doing what?" You ask innocently as you fold your arms while leaning back into the sofa.

"I'm pretty sure anyone would get distracted is they were thinking about doing you." He adds a wink at the end.

You double up in laughter.

"What. The. Actual. Hell." You say between giggles and laughs.

Frisk just walks up the stairs. You can hear his door open then close.

You wipe away the imaginary tears that have collected in your eyes.

It was rather silent. You didn't think Sans was home either.

The front door bursts open.

"HUMAN! I HAVE NOT SEEN MY BROTHER FOR A LONG TIME NOW. TO BE EXACT, 16 HOURS AND 48 MINUTES AND 25 SECONDS. HE DOESN'T NORMALLY TAKE THIS LONG..." Papyrus' face is filled with concern. He really did care for his brother.

Why?

Sans is rude, annoying and intolerant. Papyrus deserves better...

"Don't worry Papyrus. I'm sure he'll be back before tonight." You try to reassure him but his body language only becomes worse.

"WILL HE BE BACK IN TIME TO READ MY BEDTIME STORY? HE DIDN'T LAST NIGHT..." Papyrus' face droops as he recalls last night.

"If he's not back by then I promise I'll read you your bedtime story."

You were confused at the fact that he still read bedtime stories, but seeing the sadness in his eyes- you couldn't say no to that.

"YOU'RE SO KIND HUMAN!" Papyrus' face lights up.

You smile and say, "It's no problem really."

"WELL HUMAN! I NEED TO BUY SOME MORE SPAGHETTI SO I SHALL SEE YOU LATER!" He says before waving goodbye.

The front door closes.

"I'll see you later then." You mutter to yourself.

You looks towards the table which stands at the end of the room. The books that you chose earlier are silently waiting to be read.

Sighing, you get up and walk over the the oak table. There was a rock on a plate with sprinkles next to your books.

You smile at this.

Even though they were stuck down here, they did everything they could to make things better.

You grab the books and plop yourself on the green couch.

There was a selection of 5 books to read from. You pick the book at the top and start reading.

-------------------------------------------------

The sound of Frisk coming down the stairs startled you causing you to lose the page that you were on.

You flick through the pages searching for where you were before.

"You must be enjoying that. You haven't moved for at least two hours." Frisk says more to himself than you.

You had made you self comfortable by sprawling your body all over the sofa.

The sofa dips down as Frisk. sits down beside you. He seems slightly tense.

You move your legs closer to your body so that Frisk has some more room.

He takes the remote control which is already sitting on the sofa. After pressing the 'on' button, the screen turns on to some sort of robot dancing on screen.

You don't question it.

Keeping silent you get back to reading you book.

Well, you try to get back to reading.

The noise from the TV is slightly distracting.

"You wouldn't mind turning down the TV from me? Please?" You ask nicely.

Frisk wasn't paying attention to the screen. When he realises that you've said something he blinks then looks around for the remote.

"You okay?" You say raising an eyebrow as Frisk turns the volume down. He fumbles with the remote before placing it on his right thigh.

Did I mention he has nice thighs?

"Yeah. I'm just real tired." He says before yawning.

You didn't really buy it. Maybe there was something on his mind.

You went back to reading your book.

After a few minutes, Frisk seemed to lean closer into you. You don't notice it as you're so into your book.

The sound of Frisk snoring makes you look up from the page your on. His head is on your shoulder as he sleeps peacefully.

You watch as his chest rises then slowly goes back down.

Maybe he really was tired.

You take note of what page your on before closing it and placing it beside you.

Slowly, you snake you way around Frisk so that you hugging him. You place your head on his chest.

His heartbeat is like a lullaby, his breathing going along with it. It was perfect.

A small smile appears on Frisk's face.

It's not long before you can feel your eyes droop like a black curtain.

A/N: Did I mention that this guy smells nice?

Oops. Love triangle.

What? I like a bit of drama.

-sansisnotonfire ✨❤️