Chapter 23- Reality

"I know you're awake, pretty."

Sans is standing in the middle of the room with his hands inside his black jean pockets.

You pull the covers even closer to your face, hoping that he doesn't notice.

He chuckles.

"Your so cute you know." He whispers.

You can feel a red blush creep across your cheeks causing you to grip the blue sheets harder.

"Ahem."

Frisk startled you as he stands in the door way with his arms crossed. His hair covers most of his face and he seems quite tense.

Sans turns around and walks out not looking at Frisk.

The door to Sans' room opens then closes and Frisk lets out a shaky breath.

His arms fall to his sides as he says, "Sorry if you heard any of that."

"It's okay." Your voice is muffled from the covers but Frisk manages to make out what your saying.

He gets back into bed and makes himself comfy.

You remove the covers from your face and your lungs feel like they can breathe properly again.

"Good night Y/N." Frisk says quietly.

"Night Frisk."

--------------------------------------------------

You woke up to the sound of pots and pans clanging from downstairs.

Frisk was no where to be seen in his bed but you could hear noises coming from the far end of the room.

He was probably reading again.

You yawn and wriggle around under the sheets before making an effort to get up.

"Morning Y/N." Frisk says happily from the corner. He was sitting in the oak armchair reading, yet again, another book.

"Morning. Say, what's so interesting about your books?" You ask.

He looks up slowly and chuckles.

"Learning and stuff. It's interesting actually." He smiles but it doesn't quite convince you.

"Okay." You say shrugging it off.

"Wanna have breakfast? I think Papyrus is already doing that for us today." He says as he gets up.

"Guess it's because Sans is back."

Frisk bites his lip at the sound of Sans' name.

"Hm, yeah."

-------------------------------------------------

Papyrus had made you all breakfast but Sans was nowhere to be seen.

You pick up your finished plate of breakfast and proceed to the kitchen where Papyrus was cleaning up.

Feeling like you wanted to be productive today, you help clean the dishes.

"AH THE HUMAN CAME TO HELP OUT!"